Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

L1A1 SLR Bayonets

Article about: I have two L1A1 SLR Bayonets in my collection (pictured) perhaps not the most exciting or indeed valuable but nonetheless they have their place in any collection of British Bayonets I think,

Default L1A1 SLR Bayonets

I have two L1A1 SLR Bayonets in my collection (pictured) perhaps not the most exciting or indeed valuable but nonetheless they have their place in any collection of British Bayonets I think, my question is that although both my examples are marked as L1A3 and both with what I assume is a stock number (9600257) they have some obvious differences, namely the different length fuller and different shape to the cross piece, one is 'waisted' and one is plainer, I am aware that there are L1A1 and L1A2 variants and I have read descriptions of some having a recessed release button and some Australian versions being different again......sounds like there is class of collectable for this bayonet alone....can anyone point me in the direction of a good perhaps difinitive guide to these models....Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L1A1 SLR Bayonets   L1A1 SLR Bayonets  

Default Re: L1A1 SLR Bayonets

This might be of interest to you

SLR bayonets

Regards

Richie

Great info Richie!...

Thanks Richie B...........thats a good site, much appreciated..............