Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife

Article about: Dear Friends! I would like to represent you a nice piece of paratrooper knifes history,the M1950 hungarian paratrooper knife. The knife was issued to paratrooper units in 1950, there are som

Default M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife

Dear Friends!

I would like to represent you a nice piece of paratrooper knifes history,the M1950 hungarian paratrooper knife.
    The knife was issued to paratrooper units in 1950, there are some sources saying that it was even used in the 1960s.It was designed directly for close combat, blade is sharpened on both sides.
    The history of this knife, as well as other hungarian knives are still only partly discovered, the original documents and datas were handled as secret documents, and to our present days, the are probably lost..

Total lenght:29,5cm
    Blade lenght:16cm
    Blade width:2cm

There are 3 variants of fixing the sheath to te belt, the first(at the moment only 2 of this variant seen) is visible on my photos.
    The second variant sheet was fixed in a frog,the third has 2 pins on the sheath, which fixed a leather loop, like on austrian M17 fighting knifes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife   M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife  

M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife   M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife  

Default Re: M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife

Thx. a lot for showin´ !

I´d wish, this knife could have been mine !

Hallo Reibert, thanks for your comment, i have a small hungarian writing of this knife, i will translate it, and put it up here.
    Do you miss this type from your collection?
    Valentin

Quote by VocelkaV View Post
    Do you miss this type from your collection?
    Valentin
    Yes, Valentin, I miss this knife in my collection, (like many others also ...).

IMO collecting trench knives and fighting knives from WWI, WWII, also "modern" knives, is worse, than collecting stamps ! ...

Just got an other one of this type.
    wooden grip cracked, which is a common problem due to the unprofessional manufacturing, the blade is pretty good, no leather belt, this one was probably in a frog.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife   M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife  

Updating this topic with some additional knives I recently got.
    M 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knifeM 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knifeM 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knifeM 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knifeM 1950 Hungarian paratrooper knife

There were three fixation method, see two variants with leather loop, the third was attached with a simple leather frog, that is missing from mine.

See also my hungarian paratroopers stuff.

Need two of them to own !

Please, send me a pm !