Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

m1854 german falchion /sidearm

Article about: Hello guys .Thought i,d show this not quite a bayonet as such but along those lines.It,s a 1854 saxony state falchion/sidearm by weyerberg,kirshbaum and co..What do ya think.Paul

?

Default m1854 german falchion /sidearm

Hello guys .Thought i,d show this not quite a bayonet as such but along those lines.It,s a 1854 saxony state falchion/sidearm by weyerberg,kirshbaum and co..What do ya think.Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m1854 german falchion /sidearm   m1854 german falchion /sidearm  

m1854 german falchion /sidearm   m1854 german falchion /sidearm  

Attached Images Attached Images m1854 german falchion /sidearm  m1854 german falchion /sidearm 

Default Re: m1854 german falchion /sidearm

Paul, super item, I like these a lot, although sadly I do not own one ! yours appears to have a Saxon origin with its Royal cypher acceptance mark, but its Regimentals look like they could of been applied after 1866 when Saxony was absorbed into the North German Confederation and its Army was taken over by the Prussians, after its defeat by the Prussians in the war of 1866 when it backed the losing side, the Austrian Empire, as they are in the Prussian style. " 6 R 5.154. " being...." Grenadier-Regiment Graf Kleist von Nollendorf (1. Westpreußisches) Nr.6 ", Garrisoned at Posen (formed 14.10.1772),5th Company, 154th weapon.This Regiment being part of V Armee Korps of the Imperial German Army. These sword bayonets were used in the German Army upto the end of WW1. However I am not upto speed on information prior to 1871, so they may be indeed period Saxon Regimentals, can you confirm what you know about the piece, or any other members cofirm or repute what I have suggested ? Prost ! Steve.

?

Default Re: m1854 german falchion /sidearm

Hello Oradour,I know alot more now thanks to you mate,i knew what it was and who made it and date aprox of manufacture and the next question would of been about the regemental stamp whitch you have answered,of which i will try and research.Thanks Paul.