Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

marking on german bayonet ?

Article about: Hello can you tell me more ? export ? thanks for answers cordially Didier

?

Default marking on german bayonet ?

Hello
    can you tell me more ?
    export ?
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier

?

Default Re: marking on german bayonet ?

I believe i already saw the bayonet, the first part of marking looks like stamped, the last one EST like engraved, is normal WaA or commerzial piece? WB could be Wach Battalion. BUt i dont known about german units in Hungary.

?

Hello Andy
    Yes, WaA stamps
    match number:

and 40 on the spine
    and a number on a "strange" place, here some pictures

cordially
    Didier

?

Could You provide the other crossguard marking like visible on last picture? i assume is waA253 on pommel marked, the serial looks like postwar added. I personally believe You have there a export bayonet, with additional markings.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    I believe i already saw the bayonet, the first part of marking looks like stamped, the last one EST like engraved, is normal WaA or commerzial piece? ..............
    I think that I may have seen this one myself some time ago. But I don't remember just what I thought at the time and have not tried looking to see if I have any record. But as something like an export model seems to be familiar to me. I also thought that it was stamped and engraved. But after doing a few photo enhancements I now think that it may have been completely (rotary(?) engraved. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture marking on german bayonet ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images marking on german bayonet ? 

There certainly were Wachbataillons - some named and some numbered. I have found references to SS-Wachbataillon 'Nordwest'.

SS units

Wachbataillon

Also Luftwaffe

Axis History Factbook: Regiment General Göring

Nothing so far on Budapest

?

Hello, sorry this case would be easy to destine when we have the full information, as some brings only the marking without complete information then is problem made any decisions, as here is in reality a portugal early M937 contract, which is clear to deciphere on 3201k stamp on crossguard,and early proofs WaA253 on lock nut and pommel, the 3201 was added postwar and is not proper as this complets were not serial matched,scabbards were always blank. same as i dont know about portugal unit markings on crossguards, it looks like the WB.Bu Pest is a fake marking.

?

Hello Gentlemen
    thanks for explanations
    cordially
    Didier