Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.

Article about: I am not much of a bajo collector, so I'll be glad with any help regarding all the marks on the on I just got. I was amazed how many marks were put on thise peace of steel. I toke pictures f

Default Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.

I am not much of a bajo collector, so I'll be glad with any help regarding all the marks on the one I just got.
    I was amazed how many marks were put on thise piece of steel.
    I toke pictures from a screen that magnified the little marks, better then I could make them with my camera.Although pic's still aren't super!
    And the pic's do not appear in the order I wanted to....I made a pic of the place were the mark is and then a close up of the mark, but that order got mixed up...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel & Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

And more;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

cheers
    |<ris

I'm sure they are just acceptance/proof marks Kris.
    You'll even find one on the scabbard tip.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve!
    Gosh! Must have been a full time job of different employées at the time.
    cheers
    |<ris

cheers
    |<ris

G'day Kris,
    I have one too, here's a couple of shots to compare with, nice to see another
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-26-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Hey Rene,
    thanks!
    Makes me realize I should remove the rust (only supperficial!).
    The French have a nice word for supperficial rust; "fleur de rouille", meaning like "rust blossom/flower"....... ;-)
    Here is a pic showing it along with my other last sunday fleemarket finds, better then Ciney (to me!).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.   Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

Marks on a Fichtel &amp; Sachs Schweinfurt butcher bayonet.  

cheers
    |<ris