Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

More bayonet finds

Article about: Hi guys just thought id post a few pics of my latest bayonet finds. 1st is the British Enfield P1903 1st Model SMLE .I love the webbing frog!,is this original would anyone hazard a guesss at

Default More bayonet finds

Hi guys just thought id post a few pics of my latest bayonet finds. 1st is the British Enfield P1903 1st Model SMLE .I love the webbing frog!,is this original would anyone hazard a guesss at?.2nd is a Czech V234 Mauser short bayonet with intersting "upside down blade" (sorry for poor pics). If im wrong about anything,somebody please tell me!! ...P.S.the dirty table came free!

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More bayonet finds   More bayonet finds  

More bayonet finds   More bayonet finds  

More bayonet finds  

Default Re: More bayonet finds

The V234 Mauser blade is very interesting. Nice finds overall!

Very nice finds!..

The P1903 blade is a converted rehilted P88 blade-they were also made new with a blade that was like a 12" P07 blade-the frog would have been a leather type originally.

Hey thanks guys glad you like! The blade on the P1903 is exactly 12",i did wonder if it had been converted at all. Leather frog is interesting,it seems like that frog has been with it all its life,or for a VERY long time at least.

Currently fitted with a P08 web frog-as to the Czech bayo, the upside down blade is typical for the Cz24 and related rifles/carbines-the previous Steyr m95 bayo as made by the Czech arms industry as part of Austria Hungary pre 1918 also featured the cutting edge up.

Thanks lithgow, a wealth of knowledge as ever! The Cz24 threw me for a bit as i held it and wondered what was "wrong" with it,then it dawned on me that maybe it was supposed to be like that!.Strange design,you would have thought it was easier pushing down than pulling up!
    Mark

?

The czechoslovak bayonet is Vz.24 or Model 24, is little overpolished. Cz24 is a pistol.