Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind

Article about: Hello everyone, Well I can not say thanks enough. Here is what I hope is my last unidentified grandfathers Bayos. I think the ab is for Mundlos but not sure what kind or age. It has a sn of

jmurphy
    ?

Default Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind

Hello everyone, Well I can not say thanks enough. Here is what I hope is my last unidentified grandfathers Bayos. I think the ab is for Mundlos but not sure what kind or age. It has a sn of 3019 on the scabbard and bayo. I can not identify some of these marks and what they mean so maybe you guys can help explain them to me. Also during my searches I noticed these things are sometimes quite high in value when you have a matching scabbard. Whay is that?
    anyway any help and advice greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind  
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind  Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind  Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind  Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind  Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind 

Default Re: Is this a Mundlos and how old,what kind

Standard WW2 K98 bayonet. Matching serial numbers are not so often found, as many bayonets and scabbards got mixed up, so collectors will always value a matched example higher.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes ab is the code for Mundlos....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

The condition is not so great, matching yes, Mundlos 1941 production .

Members who have read this thread: 1