Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My favorite blade faker’s thread.

Article about: Greetings all, Over the past year I have watched with no small amount of amusement; the efforts of one deceptive eBay seller. What are patently obvious new made or falsely embellished origin

Default My favorite blade faker’s thread.

Greetings all,

Over the past year I have watched with no small amount of amusement; the efforts of one deceptive eBay seller. What are patently obvious new made or falsely embellished originals to me; keep selling with a regularity, which is not so amusing. As such, I figured I’d do an exploratory thread of this particular character’s “work” so as to limit his effects on fellow WRF’s members or simply inform folks just starting out in the blade collecting field. I won’t use the seller’s ID name and will keep this thread locked. I intend to update this thread when I view the seller’s latest posted “creations” and if comments were allowed… at some point it would get locked anyway. The seller does occasionally sell original items, but usually likes to embellish them and frankly, ruins them by doing so. It is clear the seller knows what they are doing, as one fake is a mistake but, multiple fakes are deliberately planned. Think of this thread as one man’s tribute to another’s dedicated malfeasance.

Notice the fetishlike overuse of “NCO” and “WKC” in the below examples’ stampings/embellishments. Again, some items are new made replicas and others are “tarted up” originals with added bogus markings (WWI attributions on a WWII blade). I have not added swords’ examples, but those appear time to time too. I have included one reproduction British Pattern 1907 bayonet, because it has additional stampings on it too, along with a “US” stamp. The take away of this thread is simply beware of similarly stamped/lettered examples, that no doubt will be "Veteran's bring-backs" or some such nonsense in the next few years when their current owners realize they got bamboozled.

Like any professional, he (or she?) likes to switch up their auction items’ photographs’ backgrounds’ so as to appear as different sellers, but is far too lazy to go through the process of actually getting a new seller’s name. Now, sit back and enjoy the ride.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on the pictures to enlarge.

My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.

Default The latest awesomeness.

Greetings all,

The latest offerings.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on pictures to enlarge.

My favorite blade faker’s thread.My favorite blade faker’s thread.

Update: The saw back bayo (pictured to the right) sold for $373.88 +$13.50 for shipping (eBay item #181460723251). It was originally purchased here German WWI Machine Gunner's Bayonet: Gewher 98 Sawback ima-usa.com from IMA for $99.95 shipped. That’s a $273.00 profit (before eBay takes their cut). Just more folks learning the “hard” way. Something tells me there will be more gullible victims queuing up soon for knife faker guy's next batch of homemade awesomeness; it’s like watching a train wreck… you just can’t turn away.
    Last edited by MilitariaOne; 07-27-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Default A Robert Klaas EB1 & hold the pelicans, please.

Greetings all,

Behold, today’s rare unit and Robert Klaas’ marked EB1. I did not know this firm made these knife bayonets too. I learn something new each time this gent has a new offering… how does he do it? Too bad he cannot even spell Klaas correctly... poor fella, must be dyslexic.

Regards,

Lance

Double click picture to enlarge.

UPDATE: ENDED WITH A BIN OF $299.00 eBay # 171385999116 : Some folks have to learn the hard way
    Last edited by MilitariaOne; 07-14-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Default More KFG offerings.

Greetings all,

The epic saga of Knife Faker Guy (KFG) continues; This week’s new entrant is a wannabe Eickhorn (Manufactures’ Code: COF) guard modified Luftwaffe trench knife. But wait, it gets better. Stamped on one side is Mein Kampf and on the other side is NDASP 1941. Watch the ensuing hijinks @ item #181477509547 on that which is evil incarnate. Most charlatans improve with time, not so with KFG; there are simply too many victims so there is no motivation/need to improve.

The way I view it I can’t stop him/her, but I can sure as hell laugh at/expose his/her shenanigans. Hopefully, enough folks start to become "aware" and at least fellow forum’s members may be forewarned. I ask you, “ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?”

Regards,

Lance

Double click on picture to enlarge.

Default KFG Lives!!!

Greetings all,

The latest offering with spurious Eickhorn “COF” stampings and added Police Eagle. “Like taking candy from a baby.” Item #171417304337. Auction has now disappeared, probably pulled due to the swastika?

Regards,

Lance

Default WWII German Airborne Tank Division?… I learn something new every day.

Greetings all,

KFG’s latest dyslexic episode has (wait for it) “Fallschirm Pancer Dyvision” stamped on the blade… and “CUL” priceless! I suppose KFG was shooting for Fallschirm-Panzer Division 1 Hermann Göring on this attempt, but as per usual KFG “failed.” That Google search button is so damn hard to work. It is item # 171424670448.

Regards,

Lance

Default “WW I German Saw Back Parade Bayonet with Leather Scabbard Sign WK & C 1905.”

Greetings all,

Last few offered trench knives don’t appear to have sold too well. Looks like KFG is going for the low hanging fruit of novice bayonet collectors *bay item # 181505688645. This reproduction bayonet is available for $99.00 here German WWI Machine Gunner's Bayonet: Gewher 98 Sawback ima-usa.com KFG has taken one and “buffed” the IMA’s stock darkened finish off and added his usual array of spurious markings. The amusing thing is in this case his description refers to the bayo as, “Converted for Police in 1929”, when the date stamped reads 1920… I suppose we are supposed to believe he’s new or does not quite understand what he ostensibly has… crazy like a fox KFG is. This bayonet has it all; a regimentally marked hilt, maker’s marks, date, “parade” finish and Weimar period markings… some poor fool will buy this and KFG will carve another notch in the old workbench. I added a shot of the IMA’s offering on the far right of the image. Compare the quillions, they both have an odd flattened look not seen on original examples, not to mention the not so amazing wood handles’ fit.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on picture to enlarge.

Default An SS HAT offering… it could be yours if you hurry ;-)

Greetings all,

Here’s the latest offering. More KFG’s silliness, I’ll let the pictures tell the story. It is item #181536413666 on a certain familiar auction’s website. It would seem his prices are climbing… curse you inflation!

Regards,

Lance

Quote by militariaone View Post
    [SIZE=4]Greetings all,

Here’s the latest offering. More KFG’s silliness, I’ll let the pictures tell the story. It is item #181536413666 on a certain familiar auction’s website. It would seem his prices are climbing… curse you inflation!

Regards,

Lance
    Probably because he had to stamp all of those letters on one at a time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just terrible !

I would imagine the young and inexperienced are his
    victims because those markings are so bad and
    most collectors would know this. When prices
    start climbing though, who is buying then ?

$300+ is rather a lot to lose on a junk item.........
    Regards,

Steve.