Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?

Article about: Hi, I was offered this Nahkampfmesser and I am very interested to get your opinions if it is an original or fake? The blade is very new, almost too new. I appreciate any advice, thanks in ad

?

Default Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?

Hi, I was offered this Nahkampfmesser and I am very interested to get your opinions if it is an original or fake? The blade is very new, almost too new. I appreciate any advice, thanks in advance. Jim B
    Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?Nahkampfmesser - Original or Fake?

?

I should have said earlier - I have read the previous posts on this subject, yet I remain unsure on this knife? I have no intent of holding anyone to their view, I just need other, more informed views so I can make a decision. Cheers, Jim B.

I have not seen this shape of clip on the sheath and I have never seen the punch marks on the handle rivets on any examples before.
    I also don't like the grind lines on the blade.
    Please wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If it's got hardwood hand grips beware, as probably a repro. I can't tell from the photo, but they should be Oak which is whiter in colour, unless stained. The other thing I wonder about is; has both the blade and scabbard been shortened or cut down? Seems shorter than usual.

?

Thank you Ralph, I appreciate your observations. Jim

?

The handles are a light-ish colour, but are not stained. The blade is 141mm long and the total length of the knife is 250mm. There is no sign of it being cut down, that I can see. Cheers, Jim

Have a look at the trench knife repro made by Windlass Steelcrafts of India and compare to this one.

?

Anderson. Great pick up, thank you. I had a local dealer here look at it who felt it was a copy, and showed me a copy from the UK (which I think was a Windlass), and it was very similar to this one. So I am satisfied it is most likely a copy, and I'll be turning it down. Assistance is much appreciated. Cheers, Jim B