MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Personalized ss Czech bayo?

Article about: The bayonet is a czechoslovak Vz24 which most real went to Romania, in late 1939, the bayonet should have a serial number on pommel, the scabbard could have one on the frog hook on side, its

?

The bayonet is a czechoslovak Vz24 which most real went to Romania, in late 1939, the bayonet should have a serial number on pommel, the scabbard could have one on the frog hook on side, its already a romanian repair, the barell ring someone cutted out, added the panzer emblem and added some SS runes, the romanian Vz.24 are the cheapest VZ.24 on marked, the price on Ebay is about 50 USD by excellent pieces.

Thank you guys for the additional info. I too have read that the Germans would modify these be removing the muzzle ring. I don't see any markings to indicate this is a Romanian export. No z in a circle, no double head horse stamp, no CM markings on the tang or anywhere else, no alpha-numeric serial number on the pommel.

?

It is a romanian contract,it must be not CM or Z in circle marking there, there are no signs of real german rework, the barell ring when removed, then should be other rework markings realised, which are not, same as the scabbard is a romanian repair. Same as there are additional fake runes and skull on grip which are not correct.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The SS were issued the best available equipment. It makes no sense that an SS man would be wearing a Czech bayonet. The totenkopf is panzer, not SS. The runes on the pommel are poorly done and all of this is an example of trying to escalate price on something of lesser value. Why personalize an item used in combat that was not personal property? None of it makes any logical sense.
    The SS didn't become an 'elite' unit until later in the war. At the beginning they were equipped with whatever they could get. They were equipped by the army but were given the lowest priority. But, Herr units, such as the 96. Infanterie-Division, were equipped with captured weapons as well.

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    The SS didn't become an 'elite' unit until later in the war. At the beginning they were equipped with whatever they could get. They were equipped by the army but were given the lowest priority. But, Herr units, such as the 96. Infanterie-Division, were equipped with captured weapons as well.
    That matches with what I read. Seems there is more myth out there in regards to the SS than fact. They also mention in the documentary Apocalypse WW2 how the Germans were using the Czech industry to aid their war machine so I'm not surprised the Herr Infanterie were likewise equipped. Not saying this bayonet's mods were done period but that Czech weapons were used.

Quote by popcorn View Post
    That matches with what I read. Seems there is more myth out there in regards to the SS than fact. They also mention in the documentary Apocalypse WW2 how the Germans were using the Czech industry to aid their war machine so I'm not surprised the Herr Infanterie were likewise equipped. Not saying this bayonet's mods were done period but that Czech weapons were used.
    Yea, I'm not saying that THIS Czechoslovak bayonet is SS, I'm just saying that the SS used a lot of Czechoslovak/non-German weapons early in the war.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2