Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

picked up some bayonets today....

Article about: I went to an auction today and came home with 3 bayonets..one I have no idea, the others I am just looking for info.. first is a Japanese type 30?..the button in the pommel isn't moving and

?

Default picked up some bayonets today....

I went to an auction today and came home with 3 bayonets..one I have no idea, the others I am just looking for info..
    first is a Japanese type 30?..the button in the pommel isn't moving and I cant find anything ref dating

second is a mid war k98 bayonet...I just could not find anything to narrow down the date of manufacture based on the "x" code

third is a mauser bayonet, but vz24?..only marking I could find were on the pommel..she is crusty and missing the button, but for $5 I figured Id give it a good home..

thanks for the help

MAP
    ?

Here is a resource for your Japanese bayo....all you need to know. It's a Nagoya Arsenal hooked quillon, birds head pommel and contoured grips. That said, the grips look odd to me. someone carved some lines in it as well. Looks like it was very poorly stored having been exposed to moisture. Does it have a scabbard? (As the blade does not appear to have the same corrosion as the other parts.)

Markings on Japanese Arisaka Rifles and Bayonets of World War II

**** Also please post your pictures DIRECTLY to the forum and not via a photo hosting website (It's a forum rule and keeps the thread relevant should the pictures on the site be removed). Thank you!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The K98 could be marked on the spine.

?

The k98 says 38 on spine....so 1938? Thought it would have the oddball coding not makers name?

Maybe one of the others will be able to answer, but yes 1938 would be the date of build i reckon, i have 1936 here.

?

waffen SS pics have wood handles

Really, i thought they varied.

not always

?

Hello
    can I read an "X" under 9200, Mundlos bayonet ??
    k98 bayonets data and registry

cordially
    Didier

?

Yep. X marked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast