Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Polish Fighting Knife

Article about: Hi all, I have been offered what has been described as a Polish fighting knife, my apologies for the picture quality but its the one I was sent by the seller, although I have had chance rece

Default Polish Fighting Knife

Hi all, I have been offered what has been described as a Polish fighting knife, my apologies for the picture quality but its the one I was sent by the seller, although I have had chance recently to examine the knife myself, it is in very good condition and both the knife and scabbard are numbered although not matching, the knife is dated 1956 on one side together with what I assume is a factory code in the form of a circled number 11, I'm guessing its Warsaw Pact/cold war era but not knowing anything about these knives I wondered if anyone could give me any more info, the seller is asking £100 for it which to me seemed a bit expensive but I am totally unfamiliar with these, all info greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Fighting Knife  

Default Re: Polish Fighting Knife

Polish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting Knife

Hi !

This is a polish "wz.55." paratrooper´s knife, made by Radom.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/peopl...z-56-a-102807/

The hanger, ("frog"), of the knife you showed belongs to the polish "M 1947" bayonet, not to the "wz.55." fighting knife.

Best,

R.

Thanks Reibert, I quite liked the knife and was struck by how very lightweight it was, however not sure I'm going to buy it, might bide my time and see if I can get the seller to reduce his asking price.

regards Phil

Day´s ago I received another "wz.55.".

As you can see, the sheath is also coming with the "M 1947" bayonet-frog !

It´s quite hard to close the strap of the " M 1947" bayonet frog around the hilt of the knife because the strap is sewed on (almost) too "high" to close it around the wide, ("thick"), part of the hilt of the "wz.55." fighting knife.
    The hilt of the "M 1947" is consistant "slim" from the crossguard to the pommel !

Thats the reason why, the genuine "frog" of the "wz.55." shows the strip sewn on close to the crossguard, where the hilt is "slim".

But, I believe, that "frogs" of the "M 1947" bayonet also were in use together with scabbards of the "wz.55." paratroopers knife actually ! ...

I bought this, (worn), knife from a collectors mate in a Militaria-forum for an amount of Euro´s 65,-- inclusive shipping.
    On auction sites you have to pay for such, polish, fighting knives, (in "mint" condition with matching numbers), meanwhile Euro´s 120,-- plus ! ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polish Fighting Knife   Polish Fighting Knife  

i wouldnt pay anything over 80 pounds for that knife try to get him to come down 20 pounds

Agreed....I was'nt going to pay the asking.....anywhere below £80 I would do.....its OK for a bit of Cold War history..

Polish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting Knife

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    i wouldnt pay anything over 80 pounds for that knife try to get him to come down 20 pounds
    Did you get the knife already ? ...

Believe me, such knives are getting higher, and, higher ! ...

Today I received an NVA "Kampfmesser 66" with matching box and, two "wz.55" with matching scabbard and I´m very glad I´ve catched them !

Hi Riebert............the knife was offered to me some weeks ago by a friend of mine, he still has it but is reluctant to go lower than £100...........I will bide my time for now.......I'll get it for less at some point.............there are one or two other things tempting me right now but as I said I do like the look and feel of the wz.55.....

I like your latest finds......especially the Kampfmesser 66

Phil

Phil, I bought, (at auction), this, (non matching !), polish wz.55. Para´s combat knife and had to pay, (converted), reasonable GBP 70,-- (inclusive insured shipping inside of Europe), some day´s ago:

Polish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting KnifePolish Fighting Knife

P.S.:
    Beret not included !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast