MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Pre WW1 german export bayonet?

Article about: Greetings, I picked up both of these bayonets over the last couple of weekends and am interested if anyone has any further information about them. I have identified the one with the hooked q

Default Pre WW1 german export bayonet?

Greetings,

I picked up both of these bayonets over the last couple of weekends and am interested if anyone has any further information about them.

I have identified the one with the hooked quillion as a model 1908 German export/Brazilian mauser bayonet. If anyone could confirm that I would be grateful.

The second I am a little less certain about. I suspect that it is also a German export bayonet but I am at a loss as to a model number or to what rifle it would belong. It does not have any Imperial markings. Some websites I have found label it as an s-71/84 but I suspect that is not correct.

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Pal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WW1 german export bayonet?   Pre WW1 german export bayonet?  

Pre WW1 german export bayonet?   Pre WW1 german export bayonet?  

Default Re: Pre WW1 german export bayonet?

** Just to clarify the first 4 pics are what I think the Brazilian mauser bayonet... These are the second bayonet:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre WW1 german export bayonet?   Pre WW1 german export bayonet?  

Pre WW1 german export bayonet?   Pre WW1 german export bayonet?  

?

Hello Mate,I think it,s a german export for the 1892/93 spanish mauser rifle ,very similer to the german 71/84 with it,s humpback wood grips,Regards Paul.P.S does it have a leather scabbard.

3603, that's a pretty low lot number I assume.

Thanks for the info Paul. It did not come with a scabbard I am sorry to say. I got it really cheap as part of a trade.

?

Still a nice bayonet mate ,i like these type of bayonets myself.this site is a good referance for alot of bayonets (worldbayonets.com)and then click on bayonet identifacation and it comes up with a list of nations ,it may help in future searches.Regards Paul

?

nice blades. About the top one, you are correct. Brazilian for 1908 Mauser rifle