Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Right place at the right time.

Article about: Just picked these up today at a flea market as a package deal. I think the best piece the SMLE 1903. I have never seen one before and I am curious how rare they are and what a fair market va

Default Right place at the right time.

Just picked these up today at a flea market as a package deal.

I think the best piece the SMLE 1903. I have never seen one before and I am curious how rare they are and what a fair market value is? This one is in fair to good condition I would say.

I also like the Turkish 1890 shortened bayonet... I don't know if you can make it out in the pic but it has some Arabic markings on the ricasso. Kind of exotic.

Also seen in the pic are a good condition Australian model 1907, a rough mosin nagant 1891 bayo, a Austrian model 1895 and a half dozen No4 mkII bayonets. The guy also threw in an Australian bandolier marked 1918 and 1946.

I got the lot for $80 which I think was steal. How'd I do?

Pal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right place at the right time.   Right place at the right time.  

Right place at the right time.   Right place at the right time.  

Right place at the right time.  

?

Default Re: Right place at the right time.

Nice ones...the bandoliers are nice items, each time it's used, it's stamped, then on using it agin, the old date is crossed out and a new stamp! I have a few WW2 and Vietnam dated

?

Jeh, good bayos - congrats!
    I´d like especially that M1903 - if I remember well, those were done for export to Afghanistan.

Did you get the scabbards as well?

?

...and that is mine M1903
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Right place at the right time.  

Your m1903 is very nice Bruno. I think mine will clean up a little but your is better. No I am afraid no scabbards were there. But now I have something else to look for Will be very difficult to find a m1903 scabbard I suppose but that's part of the fun and you never know. I would not have guessed I would find that bayo at a local flea market either. You see all of my collection is locally acquired. It just seems too easy to order items on ebay or militaria sites. Not that I am judging other collectors but it kind of feels like cheating to me. Also I am very wary of paying for something that I can't examine first. I get all of my items either on local craigslist, antique stores, gun shows , flea markets and estate or garage sales. And of course I visit every antique store when I travel.

I collect mainly edged weapons and so will likely try to trade or sell the bandolier. Anyone have an idea of what is a fair price? I would be happy with $10 but I don't want to go giving it away. Ones on ebay that are newer and range from $15 to $45.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Pal