Article about: My latest pick up

Default Re: Show me your bayonet

Sweet Package ya have there Paul

Here's as many of mine as I could fit in the picture

and my favorites

K98 bayonets - Shown elsewhere on the Forum, but here
    once again since it is a 'dedicated' bayonet thread.........!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show me your bayonet   Show me your bayonet  

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Here are my WWI saw-back that almost got thrown out at my recycling facility, my WWII K98k bayonet, and the M1 Garand bayonet with purple scabbard (since cleaned up to it's proper green) that WAS thrown out and almost lost until I found it.

Attachment 289491Attachment 289492Attachment 289495Attachment 289494
    Here's a beat up M1 Carbine bayonet that was in the trash.
    Show me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonet

Wonderful Bayonets,

I will take this opportunity to, again, show my favourite bayonet.

The interesting thing about this bayonet is that it is a matching bayonet/scabbard (2290), however, the DATES are NOT matching.

This is an occurrence found with AWS (Horster) bayonets within the letter blocks 'O' through 'U'.

In 1944 Horster made some 75,000 bayonets in the letter blocks 'O' to 'U', with 1943 dated blades and 1944 dated scabbards.

One theory is that Horster made an over run of components in 1943, so there was a period of time that the bayonets had matching scabbards (manufactured in the early months of 1944) but had different dates.

Here it is,

Show me your bayonet

Josh

Nice one Josh and your knowledge makes it all the more so

Phill

Seitengewehr model 1871 crosspiece marked B.A. XIX. 13. - Aussie war trophy!Show me your bayonetShow me your bayonet

Here are mine.

The bottom one is mismatched.........

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show me your bayonet  

?

Here is something, you don't see every day. The British favourite bayo of all the time. Small Arms manufacture (not a German commercial one.) With a long-long history of service, used even after the rifle was made obsolete as a sidearm. This particular one was even used in ww1 by Medic Corps. There are more things to tell about it but I will stop here. Enjoy. British 1855 for the Lancaster rifle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show me your bayonet   Show me your bayonet  

Show me your bayonet   Show me your bayonet  

A Swedish m/1914 Carbine bayonet for the m/1894 carbine-as made, the carbine didn't fix a bayonet as cavalry were expected to use swords or lances for 'hand to hand' combat-just prior to WW1 the Swedes refitted their carbines with a modified nose cap to mount the m/1913 and then the very similar m/1914 bayos-there was also an extremely long (and rare) naval pattern m/1915 bayo for the carbine. Also shown is the m/1896 rifle bayo for comparison. The m/1914 has a catch and press stud release on the handle for secure holding in the scabbard.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast