Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?

Article about: Hi, mates ! I´m looking for informations regarding this particular model of an siamese M1902, (Type 45), bayonet. Were they really manufactured in Japan ? Thx. in advance, R.

Question Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?

Hi, mates !

I´m looking for informations regarding this particular model of an siamese M1902, (Type 45), bayonet.

Were they really manufactured in Japan ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?

I have an Arisaka Siamese bayonet in mint condition. i dont have photos on hand but i can in a couple of days..i believe the Mauser siamese M1902 were manufactured in Japan on consignment. The Mauser Rifles were from the Koishikawa arsenal in Japan between 1903-1908 Koishikawa arsenal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia some further reading for you Armaments of China and Siam to 1949 Part 3: Siam - Axis History Forum
    Siam bayonet "made in Japan" ?

According to your informations, a fellow collector wrote to me:

The rifle probably was manufactured in Japan, quite likely by Koishikawa Arsenal.
    Were the bayonets also made there ? …

Further on:
    From inet source:
    caliber Mannlichers (from straight pull bolt action) 8x50mm Siamese, M1903 Type 46 Mauser in 8x50mm Siamese ( this design was based on the transition Mauser M1897, a factory to make this rifle was supplied by Mauser to Siam along with a license, but it proved beyond the capacity of the Thais to make this rifle in country.
    Tooling for production of major components was shipped to Japan by the Thais and rifles were, in the main, assembled in Siam with Japanese technical help.
    Machinery for making parts was set up in an arsenal at Bangkok by the Japanese.

Thx.,
    R.

My understanding is the bayonet was also made in the Koishikawa Arsenal..Anything Siamese were often refurbished and messed with after use in Siam (Thailand)

Thx. !