Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Some of my new additions to my collection.

Article about: Hello Guys, Dropped off the Radar for a while but still been busy collecting. Here are three bayonets I have recently acquired and I have to say I have been looking for them for some time. 1

Default Some of my new additions to my collection.

Hello Guys,
    Dropped off the Radar for a while but still been busy collecting.
    Here are three bayonets I have recently acquired and I have to say I have been looking for them for some time.
    1 is a Whitworth. The blade is not the best but it is origional and in it's Scabbard.
    2 and 3 are both Lancaster Bayonets. I had one without a scabbard for about three years and then two popped up about 3 weeks apart. As you can see they are in pretty good condition.
    I mentioned these bayonets to a friend of mine who said he had the Rifles for them and he was selling them. Guess what? He doesn't own the Rifles anymore. I had to sell a couple of bits to buy them but the Whitworth is a British Army Trials Rifle with a lovely Hexagonal Bore.Some of my new additions to my collection.Attachment 758954Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Attachment 758939Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.Some of my new additions to my collection.

Sorry Guys,
    I can't seem to get the photos in the right order.

?

Some nice, hard to find bayonets you have there! The 2 Lancasters are just about worth as much as the rifle. Do you know what the regimental marking stands for?

Jim

Hello Jim,
    I think it is Middlesex Engineer Volunteers, I can't find out what the last digit stands for.
    Jim

Very nice collection. I know what you mean by photo's getting out of order. Not sure what causes this. I love the Lancaster bayonets! Would love to add one to my collection. Best regards...