Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Stag Handled Hunting/Trench Knife

Article about: Greetings Gents, I received this knife a few weeks ago and could find nothing on the web of its manufacturer “J. KULHANEK”. Two questions, I would like to know what country (Austria/Germany?

Default Stag Handled Hunting/Trench Knife

Greetings Gents,

I received this knife a few weeks ago and could find nothing on the web of its manufacturer “J. KULHANEK”. Two questions, I would like to know what country (Austria/Germany?) this knife hails from? And what time frame was it made, Pre-WW1, WW1, 1920s-30s, or WW2? WW2 seems kinda late for this knife, but if you know when it was made then I’m all ears. It is missing its tweezers and or tooth picks, but it is still a neat knife. The blade itself unusually thick too, it is ¼ of an inch where it meets the crosspiece. Thank you, for any and all assistance you may provide.

Regards,

Lance
    Stag Handled Hunting/Trench KnifeStag Handled Hunting/Trench KnifeStag Handled Hunting/Trench Knife

Default Re: Stag Handled Hunting/Trench Knife

There is a street in Vienna named Stallburggasse.

Kulhanek could well be the name of a retailer rather than the maker of the knife.

Greetings Richie B,

That must be it, I mean why I couldn’t find a manufacturer by that name. A retailer makes sense and ties in nice with the street's address. Thank you, for the info.

Regards,

Lance

Nice Austrian WW1 Private purchase Trench knife....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...