Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Theater Knife?

Article about: Picked this knife up for cheap at a flea market. It's made with a Starrett saw blade, alunimum cross guard and a wood handle with 2 .38 special shells for rivetts. I have seen a couple of ot

Default Theater Knife?

Picked this knife up for cheap at a flea market. It's made with a Starrett saw blade, alunimum cross guard and a wood handle with 2 .38 special shells for rivetts. I have seen a couple of other theater knives made with Starrett saw blades but I really don't know very much about them. Any suggestions on what it is? It's very sturdy and would make a good machette.Theater Knife?Theater Knife?Theater Knife?Theater Knife?

?

Default Re: Theater Knife?

This is a handmade probably used for a machette and also a combat knife an interesting find
    Sean F.

Default Re: Theater Knife?

Thank you. I checked around and found the materials used to make it were available during WW2 and 38's were a fairly common side arm for the US Navy. The blade is a little over 12" long. I don't know for sure if it is a theater knife though, the guy at the flea market had no idea where it came from. Have you seen similar theater knife designs? Whatever it is, it's definately US made.