Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Turkish Bayonet......

Article about: Nice, thankyou very much. Still not sure exactly what it means but it's good of you to let me know!

?

Default Re: Turkish Bayonet......

Nice, thankyou very much. Still not sure exactly what it means but it's good of you to let me know!

There is still confusion on the Belgian family of bayos and my reference is from J.A Maddox's book "Collecting Bayonets" no. 136 pg 124

?

Thanks My Friend,

Whtever bayonet it happens to be, I am really happy to have it and it will sit in my modest collection! I like it, its got some history, its unusual and I got it before you could Rene!!!!!

?

[QUOTE=reneblacky;208995]There is still confusion on the Belgian family of bayos and my reference is from J.A Maddox's book "Collecting Bayonets" no. 136 pg 12UOTE] Hi Rene,Here`s some pics to show the difference between a cutdown M24 and the new purpose made Fn49 bayonet,the cutdown ones are single-edged and the fullers are quite different,especially at the crossguard,the Venezualan bayo is called an M1924/49,but still the old style fullers.the one that qotd posted is the new style,there were abuot 175,000 produced so they are not that common.If you don`t agree with my findings then we shall have to cordially agree to disagree....Regards..Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Turkish Bayonet......   Turkish Bayonet......  

Turkish Bayonet......   Turkish Bayonet......  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

I agree with Zwerge-bayo is FN M 1949 Type1 -the blade appears more tapered but that may be wear from sharpening-the markings on the bayo are numbers in the Farsi (Iranian)script-the rifle it fits was the SAFN Model 1949 in 7.92mm for Egypt-the general design was the predecessor of the FN FAL SLR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2