Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two fighting knives origin unknown

Article about: Hello again fellas, Ade in particular these are thw other two Knuckle knives that was part of the collection I bought. The M1 could be a field made one off,the other I have not seen anywhere

Default Re: Two fighting knives origin unknown

I know the M1 Garand is a war modification, and maybe like a seaman did it, with all the machinery on his ship(?). The second, I'm borderline. I still think it is real.

I was just mooching around on the web when I came across something that might be of interest regarding the No4 spike type knife.

Look at the first item on this page...

Thanks Mike. That solves that question. Bad.

Cheers, Ade.

My two cents. The top is like Ade said a well done - although not military issue - D-guard on a shortened M5E bayonet. Possibly Korean era theatre made.

The second one is I believe a fantasy piece. The knuckle grip made by either Aulion or our american companies was made with a blade rather than a spike. I believe if you dissasemble it you will find it has had hot bronze or brass poured in the assembly hole. There should be a hole in the rear of the pommel. Check the hole out and what do you see?

Smile Re: Two fighting knives origin unknown

Hello Fellas all the best for the New Year,
    I am totally convinced the second is a Fantasy. It is a No4 blade attached to what appears to be a copy of the earlier M1918 type handle.
    I can't complain though it was part of the collection which I got my M1918 Au lion and the 1917 Knuckle Knife and both of them are 100% Ade being a former owner of one.

Regards

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2