Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

unknown fighting-knife

Article about: by Schachbrett I've seen several pictures of Croatian soldiers with some kind of knife attached to the belt. I can't say that it's the same knife, but very similar. I can post a picture if I

Default Re: unknown fighting-knife

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I've seen several pictures of Croatian soldiers with some kind of knife attached to the belt. I can't say that it's the same knife, but very similar. I can post a picture if I find it.
    I´d be pleased !

Thx. in advance !

Rgds.,

R.

I'll do my best, but it will take some time I'm affraid.

Quote by Schachbrett View Post
    I'll do my best, but it will take some time I'm affraid.
    Don´t hurry ! ...

This is the best I could have found for the moment. I know it's not much, but still... Try to download it on your computer and then zoom it.
    Attached Images Attached Images unknown fighting-knife 

Thx. !

It´s an very impressive image of members of the Ustasche, but this pic doesn´t show´s the knife, I´m lookin´ for ...

unknown fighting-knifeunknown fighting-knifeunknown fighting-knifeunknown fighting-knifeunknown fighting-knife

These day´s I got another one !

Interesting, the shortened hilt !

Up ! ! !

Dear Reibert,

This knife is the siberian kandra knife. Double sided cutting edge. This was used by siberian troops from the second world war for fighting in trences. It is a heavy knife, very efective in combat. The double sided edge gaved the user an advantage for cutting from bottom to the upper side or viceversa. The siberian troops was poorly educated, but their combat spirit was extremly efective against german troops. Especially in winter time. If you want some more details i can provide you.

Quote by Alecs Hi View Post
    ... If you want some more details i can provide you.
    I´d appreciate !
    Thx., mate !

Cheers,
    R.

First,

sorry if i make some writing mistakes, english is not my maternal language.

The Siberians, were not russians as we think they was. they actually where mongolian type. small "chinese eyes" brutes, with a great respect for 2 things : vodka and horses. heights reaching 1.70 cm, a little bit disproportionate, long arms, moustache and sometimes but rarely beards, the siberians were tough people, born in cold siberian tundra. it is known that they eat raw meat, rarely vegetables. anyway all this info about siberians you can find on wikipedia. you must know that the kendra knife was used succesfully in raids against german trences and troops. sometimes german troops use the kendra knife against russians because of efficiency proved in close trench battle battle. in the raids these oblique eyes guys were feared and respected by the german troops because of their great courage and stamina, better known that they never had been returned from the raids empty handed. Also they were great snipers ! but this is another disscution.
    maybe later no ?

cheers mate !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast