Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

unknown soviet combat knife ! ...

Article about: Hi, mates ! Who know´s the correct designation of this pattern, (soviet), combat knife ? What´s the meaning, (translation), of the hallmark, stamped in the blade ? overall lenght of the knif

Question unknown soviet combat knife ! ...

Hi, mates !

Who know´s the correct designation of this pattern, (soviet), combat knife ?
    What´s the meaning, (translation), of the hallmark, stamped in the blade ?

overall lenght of the knife: 278 mm
    blade lenght: 165 mm

Thx. in advance,
    R.

unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...unknown soviet combat knife ! ...

Known as a Vacha knife, see post 8!....Fighting knife

Thx. !

It´s a pitty, I received the knife the rubber cover of the hilt´s missing ! ...

Nice knife, never heard about it before, is it in WW2, or post 1945 used?

HgF
    ?

I had have such a knife. I Bought it i Helsinki, Finland around 1978 and sold it ten years later. I remember the knife fit very loosely in the rubber sheath - no snap around the handle. This knife is depicted as no 40 in an exhibition catalog: Dolken och kniven då till nu, Stockholm 1979. (Dagger and knife then to now/1979).

Greetings from Stockholm - where the first snow is expected this very night.

Thanks for the information
    Another knife that needs to be followed for the future.
    We havent seen any serious snow for a few years in Hungary(

HgF
    ?

Thx VocelkaV
    I vent on a cyberspace knife safari and my first destination was the enormous "Makandr"-thread on the "Blade Forums". I´m guessing that many of you reading this have been there. If not - try to get there. But warning, it might make you speechless. (sorry I can´t link)
    I found this knife on page 16 (out of 43), message no 313 (5/11 2015). The context is a calendar illustrated with WW2 knives from the "Makandr"-collection. Pic no three from top shows the knife discussed here. It appears to be complete with the rubber coated handle that are missing from Reiberts knife. In the background is a very interesting picture of some Soviet soldiers equipped with the knife.

This knive is also called pioneer knive. The rubber scabbard is good and nothing is missing to my mind.
    What is really missing is rubber cover on the handle, because often this knife used under the water.
    Vacha is the name of the factory which produced this knife. The maker mark is very good because often the mark applied poorly on the factory.
    This knife is considered to be from 30s of the 20th centure and of course used during WW2.
    Guess nothing more to tell about this knife.