Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

Article about: Hi, mates ! I´m collecting trench knives of WWI, also fighting knives of WWII. But, I´m also interested in "modern" bayonets and fighting knives ! Wanna show you this Phrobis III,

Default US M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

US M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

Hi, mates !

I´m collecting trench knives of WWI, also fighting knives of WWII.

But, I´m also interested in "modern" bayonets and fighting knives !

Wanna show you this Phrobis III, Three-line US M9 bayonet, 2nd generation, (1986-87), with a "lazy 9" and "flat top M"

Here´re some images:

Default Re: US M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

An impressive piece of 'cold steel'-much more useful and intimidating than the little M6-all handle and no blade!

Ja, I´m really very interested in such M9 bayo´s and I like ´em !

Here in Austria it´s quite easy to get German and Austrian WWI and WWII bayo´s at flea markets, but, you never see such US M9´s ...

I´m not doin´ "in the bay" or other, similar, sites.
    I only buy from, (or, swap with), fellow collector mates and in forum´s, I´m active.

The M9 is a fairly expensive bayo here (for a current issue type)-the various German bayos are very expensive-the returned soldiers from WW1 and WW2 are all gone or very old and their souvenirs have pretty much disappeared into collections-I try to get bayos for the rifles I collect but I also collect British/Australian types.

US M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

Here´s a "Four-Line Narrow Font M9 4th Generation Patent Pending Phrobis III M9 Bayonet":

there:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...54/#post448772

you can find the US M9, maker: LAN-CAY

?

Nice. I say the same for these as I said about your LANCAY.
    I prefer the PHROBIS for the history of the name though.
    Its fun to read about the M9. Its born of the Rambo era and the BUCKMASTER knives, which is clearly evident in the design.
    IMO Inventor Mickey Finn was brilliant and he was to knives what John Moses Browning was to firearms.
    He made a lot of 'stealth' work for the government and was happy to live discreetly.
    The wider public was how ever made aware of Finn as he was mentioned in a widely distributed/sold Tom Clancy novel.
    This made Mickey Finn very angry and he withdrew even further from the public eye.

I like them too - Both very nice bayo's Reibert.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

I know, such bayonets aren´t that popular, anyway:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...19/#post949652

Hi,
    would like to bring this "old" thread back to the light of day!

This actual US MPBS (Multipurpose bayonet System) M9 bayonet is a truly "towed" specimen, I call it (jovially, and, commonly) a "front pig" ("Grunt" ) !
    This MPBS has rel. strong signs of wear on various components.

A weakness of the scabbard appears to be the screwdriver on the cutter assembly.
    This probably breaks rel. often, as I have observed several times with this bayonet model...

But as a collector, I love this "been there, done that" state of militaria!

This bayonet seems to be one from a "C-COY".
    C 38 is scratched on the blade, so, probably "bayonet No.38" in "C-COY" of the unit.
    The number 288 is scratched into the latch plate / butt plate, also on the upper side of the scabbard.
    This is probably a rack number, or, probably, parts of the number of the soldiers rifle ?

The Attaching Assembly is stamped:
    BIANCHI
    INTERNATIONAL
    UNIVERSAL MILITARY HOLSTER
    U.S.& FOREIGN PATENTS PENDING

The push button is marked RAU CO

The PHROBIS "Four-Line" is probably the variant of the US MPBS M9 bayonet that can be found most frequently, but it doesn't matter, I always like to add pieces like this to my collection!

I received some of my M9s from the USA years ago, but these bayonets also appear from time to time in internet auction houses and at gun shows in Europe.
    US M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis IIIUS M9 bayonet; Phrobis III

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast