Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Us M9 LAN-CAY

Article about: Hi, mates ! Wanna show you the current used US bayonet, the M9, maker: LAN-CAY There you can find two other US M9 bayonets, maker: Phrobis http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayone...bis-iii-6418

Default Re: Us M9 LAN-CAY

Great info on M9's. They are both 'LanCay' type (no hyphen) without fullers
    but still have a 'step' on the spine. The early sheath for my #2
    is marked '92 and has four slots.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-02-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Spelling....
    Regards,

Steve.

Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAY

Hi mates !

Received this GI issued LanCay, 1st series, (manufactured 1992 - 1994), day´s ago.

The blade is covered with cosmoline, the honing stone, sadly, is damaged, but, I don´t care ´bout that.
    IMO, a very nice example of an MPBS M9, isn´t it ?

Cheers,
    R.

Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAY

Here´s another LAN-CAY

I´m not sure, is it (also) an "2nd Contract Product Improved M9.", manufactured from 1994 on ? ...

Interesting, the FASTEX -clip is dated November 2003 !

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYAttachment 760109

some more images of this, particular, bayonet:

Quote by Reibert View Post

Hi mates !

Received this GI issued LanCay, 1st series, (manufactured 1992 - 1994), day´s ago.

The blade is covered with cosmoline, the honing stone, sadly, is damaged, but, I don´t care ´bout that.
    IMO, a very nice example of an MPBS M9, isn´t it ?

Cheers,
    R.
    I was told, it´s a "Late First Contract Lancay production"

Thumbs up Early LANCAY showin´ the fuller !

Hi, mates, an old thread, but, a "new" bayonet I received today !

Received this LANCAY today.
    It´s an early production, and, it´s still showin´ the fuller !
    Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAY

Looks to be in great condition Reibert
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There´s sticky cosmoline, dust, but, I do like this piece of steel and plastic ! ...

Hello,

a beautiful piece.

You have an M9 from LanCay's first contract in 1992 for 52,000 units. According to the mark on the ricasso, it is self-production. So none of the rare variants with the General Cutlery blade. It's also not the version with the side fuller, of which only 350 were made.

Regards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3