Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Us M9 LAN-CAY

Article about: Hi, mates ! Wanna show you the current used US bayonet, the M9, maker: LAN-CAY There you can find two other US M9 bayonets, maker: Phrobis http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayone...bis-iii-6418

Default Us M9 LAN-CAY

Hi, mates !

Wanna show you the current used US bayonet, the M9, maker: LAN-CAY

There you can find two other US M9 bayonets, maker: Phrobis
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...bis-iii-64189/

M9 bayonets are rel. huge, (overall lenght: 311mm, blade lenght: 182mm), and pretty heavy !
    That´s the reason why, the USMC adopted the OKC3S.

This, particular LAN-CAY is worn but, that´s really the condition I like blank weapons most !

Best,

R.

Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAY

Default re: Us M9 LAN-CAY

some more images of this Multi Purpose US M9 bayonet - 2nd Contract Product Improved M9, made up from 1994.

The FASTEX clip is marked January 1995Us M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAYUs M9 LAN-CAY

?

Nice find. I like these a lot.
    I recently bought a USMC marked Phrobis. Used but not abused. My only M9 so far.
    I have absolutely no use for it, but I just had to have at least one.
    Nice blade and nice sheat system too - quite nifty IMO.
    The LANCAY name has a special ring to it. They have made some nice blades.
    I am in 100% agreement about condition; I prefer the used look too.
    On another note, I bought a WWII Cattaraugus (like a KaBar knife but different). Its in very nice condition and just different than the usual KaBars. Cattaraugus was a quality knifemaker at one time.
    I thought I would be satisfied with just the one, but have now bought several more.
    One has to be careful thinking, that one blade of a certain maker is enough

Enjoy your LANCAY.

Hi Reibert,
    Thanks for putting it on, it,s the first iv seen they look awesome,
    dave,

?

Default Re: Us M9 LAN-CAY

Here a bit of info, which might or might not be of interest for you:
    Lan-Cay received it’s first contract for 30,500 M9 bayonets on 3/31/92 from the U.S. Army with an additional 21,500 bayonets added during the contract. In an effort to quickly supply the Army with new M9 bayonets after Desert Storm, Lan-Cay turned to General Cutlery as a sub-contractor to provide near completed blades for assembly at the Lan-Cay facility. All General Cutlery produced blades are easily identified as they are stamped on the ricasso "M9 / LANCAY / USA" in block letters of equal size. This form of marking was used only on the General Cutlery made blades and will not be used again.
    These General Cutlery made M9 bayonets were produced in a very limited number and original General Cutlery assembled M9 bayonets are extremely rare. At least 300 examples, possibly more, were delivered to the Army and are passed inspection and put into military the supply system. Problems with manufacturing controls lead to the termination of this subcontract with General Cutlery but blades from the General Cutlery contract still exist in some quantity so buyers of General Cutlery LanCay M9 bayonets need to be cautious before buying what they believe to be an original and supply system General Cutlery M9 Bayonet. Things to look for in an Original General Cutlary M9 Bayonet include an unmarked pommel, screw driver at the end of the cutter plate on the scabbard and 1992 dated fastex connector. Late production GenCut LanCay M9s (non-original) will likely have Lan-Cay marked butt pieces (pommel).
    At the same time that LanCay was getting blades made by General Cutlary, LanCay purchased it’s own machinery and tooling for the production of blades and was making first contract blades in house. These blades are marked with all capitol letters but in a different font size. The marking was as follows, "M9 / LANCAY / USA" with the "L" and "C" much larger then the other letters in the name. All LanCay M9 bayonet blades have been manufactured in house from this point forward.

BTW The Company was first LANCAY then later changed to Lan-Cay which is stamped on your bayo.

Nice M9 Reibert - This is one that I do not have as yet.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

eflay is flooded with them

Quote by Scout View Post
    eflay is flooded with them
    I´m not doing there ...

There are also a ton of knockoff's on Ebay, plus a few good pieces
    as well. The thing to watch for are used ones, as they are more
    likely US military issue instead of new commercial versions.

Since my last posting above, I've picked up 2 LanCay's. I feel the
    Phrobis is a better blade though, with less 'greying' from
    the surface treatment. ( I'll find one eventually ! )

If anyone would like to see them, I'll post pics
    when I have a chance.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I would VERY much like to see them, as I have a M9 and like the bayonet.
    Further more, that particular manufacturer also makes some nice stuff.
    I briefly contemplated getting one in each colour, but then deceided otherwise!
    (the latter two pics are both spoof pics)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast