Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC OKC 3S Bayonet

Article about: Hello Might be a bit modern for everyones taste but here is my USMC OKS 3S bayonet. These have been in service only with the US marines since 2003 and replaced the M7. The scabbard is MOLLE

?

Default USMC OKC 3S Bayonet

Hello

Might be a bit modern for everyones taste but here is my USMC OKS 3S bayonet. These have been in service only with the US marines since 2003 and replaced the M7. The scabbard is MOLLE compatible and has a sharpening tool like the M9. The USMC issued bayonets are identical to the commercial bayonets sold by Ontario Knife Company. This one seems almost brand new but was fairly cheap so I think it might be a surplus one. It is very sharp, even the false edge and actually cut my rag in half when I was wiping the blade clean.

Any comments welcome.

Alex

USMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S BayonetUSMC OKC 3S Bayonet

Might be modern, but they're beautiful knife bayonets.
    I have a couple of green M9's, and have yet to come
    across one of these types.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Love it. At a local militaria show last year a dealer had a dozen of these for sale. I was tempted to pick one up as the price was reasonable but passed. At the next show they were all gone....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the replies, I have been looking for one for a couple of years but in Australia they are usually around $300AUD and most people on eBay US won't ship them outside the US. Its well weighted and feels better in the hand than the M9s but it doesn't have all the M9s bells and whistles.

CBH
    ?

Nice Bayonet , I always wanted a M9 , till I got one ! It weighted a ton and felt like broom handle in your hand . I traded it away and went back to my ka-bar and German Army knife . This one looks lighter .

Hi, Alex !

Indeed, a very cool bayonet !
    Us M9 LAN-CAY

MAP
    ?

The ones I saw were going for USD 75...should have picked it up when I had the chance.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    The ones I saw were going for USD 75...should have picked it up when I had the chance.
    I'd buy one too for that price , I wonder if the sheath would work with a Ka-bar ?

?

Thanks for the replies, I think $75 USD is a good price. I'd say weight wise it feels somewhere in-between the M7 and M9. I think the Ka-Bar influenced the design of the OKS 3S but I'm not sure if the scabbards would be interchangeable - the blade is fairly long.

Alex

?

They are great looking bayonets. When my Devil Dogs used to do the full equipment training they had these. I couldn't get a single one to sell me one. I love the blade profile and the EGA's on these
    Nice pick up Alex
    Nothing say's OOHHRRAAAAA More than a KaBar looking bayonet!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast