Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

vz. 24

Article about: Hy! Here you can see a german used vz. 24 bayonet. Interestingly it hasn't got german markings on the ricasso just czechoslovaks. Scabbard made by KOMO, bayonet made by CZS. I have some ques

?

Thanks so You have there normal CS Army accepted piece, there are no signs of export, later in war reworked by germans. b.r.Andy

any other opinion?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Germans didnt made any marking on similar bayonet, sometimes were only serialed or unit marked. The piece could be of export when no acceptance and year on tang between grips E lion date, the blueing on scabbard was remained only in hidden frog area.Is there any acceptance on scabbard frog? b.r.Andy
    I'm in agreement with Andy, most likely a circa 1942 conversion (as was stated) to a no muzzle ring type which are not marked. But with the ones made under the control of the Germans having Waffenamts for both the early muzzle ring, and no muzzle ring (as manufactured) types. Best Regards, Fred

Hello,

this is a german Seitengewehr 24 (t), take from the czech army in 1938-39. There are no german acceptance necessary, because the czechs proof them.
    Only bayents who were made under german contol for the german army were proofed by the Waffenamt (WaA).

In 1942 the german started the rework the S24(t). You could find many many variations.

This is one without bluing, removed ring and so caled "high ears", like this:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture vz. 24   vz. 24  

vz. 24   vz. 24  

vz. 24   vz. 24  

"this is a german Seitengewehr 24 (t), take from the czech army in 1938-39. There are no german acceptance necessary, because the czechs proof them. "

Do you mean mine stuff?

And the colour on mine? Worn-out during years??

Quote by icecooler View Post
    "this is a german Seitengewehr 24 (t), take from the czech army in 1938-39. There are no german acceptance necessary, because the czechs proof them. "

Do you mean mine stuff?
    yes

- - ------- - -

And the colour on mine? Worn-out during years??
    the phosphat finish... yes it is worn out

Thanks mate. One more question: Does this stuff need a bit of restoration?

PRE
    ?

Thanks mate. One more question: Does this stuff need a bit of restoration?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me for answering a question you posed to someone else, but your bayonet is perfectly fine as history has handed it down to you. Unless you have ACTIVE rust on it or the scabbard, I would do no more than to wipe it down with a bit of oil on a cloth. The less invasive, the better.

Enjoy your piece of history!
    Pat

SRB
    ?

"its export" If this export why is czechslovak lion (army stamp) between the two grips?
    im have same model with czechslovak lion use in yugoslavian army before 1941

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast