Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do we have here?

Article about: Knife i'm looking at one ebay, i have a weakness for knives and bayonets in bad shape thing is i have no idea what kind this is all i know is its coming from estonia and all they have to say

Default What do we have here?

Knife i'm looking at one ebay, i have a weakness for knives and bayonets in bad shape thing is i have no idea what kind this is all i know is its coming from estonia and all they have to say for it is WWI Russian Imperial Trench Knife Handmade from Arisaka Bayo. no idea myself wondering what you all think?
    What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?What do we have here?

Lol - I think this is about as bad as they come !

From the screw heads, it indeed looks like
    a Japanese Arisaka bayonet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

reminds me of the ross bayonet i got a few months ago for 10 bucks sept it wasnt this bad

?

I agree with Steve. Looking at my Japanese bayonet and looking at the thickness of the metal on top and bottom of the grip's and the shape of the screw head and the blood groove. I agree it is what is left of a Japanese bayonet.
    My only question is does the Fuller/ Bloodgroove go all the way to the tip. It's a type 30 for the Arisaka rifle. If not there is a shorter Japanese bayonet used their Type 100 SMG's.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

looking at the 4th photo it looks like the groove goes to the tip

?

Well Japan did send rifles to Russia for use during WW1. So a Type 30 bayonet that would have been used on a Japanese type 38 rifle could have been shortened and used as a trench knife. Totally possible.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

worth 37 dollars canadian? (35 US)

?

I would say that is a lot of money for something in this shape. This, IMHO, is something I would pick up for a couple bucks. But not for $35.

?

Quote by dramos View Post
    I would say that is a lot of money for something in this shape. This, IMHO, is something I would pick up for a couple bucks. But not for $35.
    I agree 100%
    I would pay that if it was not in that relic condition.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

"Well Japan did send rifles to Russia for use during WW1. So a Type 30 bayonet that would have been used on a Japanese type 38 rifle could have been shortened and used as a trench knife. Totally possible.
    Semper Fi
    Phil ."

Thats correct. Soldiers do that even here in Finland around 10´s -30´s, at 70´s I found remains of shortened Ari bayonet from our attic.. I grown up at military area where was and still is defence ministry and headquarters.
    R

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast