Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of bayonet is this!!!

Article about: The blade is also not sharp at all it looks like its never been sharpened so that also why it might be a dress bayonet. - Nick K

Default Re: What kind of bayonet is this!!!

The blade is also not sharp at all it looks like its never been sharpened so that also why it might be a dress bayonet. - Nick K

Yugo M1924 bayonet should have AT3 stamping. AT3 is cirilic for ATZ which indicates producer in Kragujevac, Serbia.

The only marking is 9018 in the second picture. - Nick K

Personnaly I am not a bayonet collector, but saying that I have about 20+ bayonets, one is unsharpend and one is sharpend. Of the other non dress bayonets, only 3-4 were sharpend, and it is possible they were sharpend by a young boy scout in New Jersey,adn not a Lanser in Kiev! So, in my opinion, the fact that a bayonet is unsharpend may only mean it is unsharpend! I can not see the chrome or nickle look in the photo. One of my dress bayonet is super shiney, and, the nickling/chroming is flaking in a few spots. the other is in a place I can't readily pull it out, so don't remember the shine.

Maybe a better photo will show the the others the finish?

Also, it has a muzzle ring, most WW1 and WW2 German bayonets didn't use a muzzle ring, instead relied on a very long locking bar underneather the mzzle. ( I am not saying ALL german bayonets were this way, simply most.)

Jagdhorn

Well its dress because it is shiny the blade is in very good condition but the handle part that is shiny has parts it dull but if it is the Yugo m1924 what do you think the value is? - Nick K

?

Your bayonet is probably a FN belgian made for export it has all signs of M1924 models, the barel ring inner diameter is 15,5? best regards,Andy
    You should examine the post very carefully for more stamps, on crossguard, parts of blade, on mouth piece of scabbard on pommel of handle. Same as the slot area it has a 4cm slot in pommel, same as the topview of pommel would be great. how is the tang attached to pommel.

Nick i highly doubt that this is a dress bayonet. If it was it would look alot better. The hilt would be nickle plated and very shiny and i dont think it would have wood grips. look at some german dress bayonet and see the vast differents between the two.

Derek

The only other marking i could find is an A inside a square. if i push the button on the bayonet that thing that slides out its stamped on there. - Nick K

I'm pretty sure it is not a German bayonet, because I have about 12-15 German bayonets, mostly combat, the locking screw on yours is on the front of the scabbard, German bayonets are on the side at the top of the scabbard & German bayonets are numbered at the top of the blade, with the makers name over the year on the other side, early combat bayonets have the year on the top flat side of the blade, later years had the year on the blade under the makers name. dress bayonets are chrome & the top is shaped like an eagles head. the reason they were not sharpened is because they stabbed the enemy with it & turned it sideways to leave a bad wound. I may have some info wrong because I have not looked at my bayonets in a long time, but your bayonet looks more like a Yugo, or other country. I had one Yugo bayonet & the #'s matched on the bayonet where yours are & it had #'s on the scabbard that matched. but like most everybody said it isn't German, but most likely another country.

?

Is the inner diameter of barell ring 15,5mm?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast