Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is this for a knife

Article about: Hello I found this together with some other things on a It seem to be a self build Trenchknife but i am was not shure I am thankful for all comments and Ideas BR Bavarian

Pal RH70 hunting and fighting knife--
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is this for a knife  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

This is the knife

Sure looks like an old style hunting knife with leather wrapped handle. For it's age bet it has a carbon steel blade. Great pic posted by chopperman by the way.

It looks like a used and abused Pal Rh 35 to me.

Mart

Greg,

That example does look very similar. Thank you for your input. As I mentioned I am not well versed in civilian hunting knives,.

Smitty...

In my opinion, we are looking at two different blade styles. Look at the first and last image posted by Bavarian, the clip portion starts much closer to the end of the blade than the Pal Rh 70.

Respectfully,

Mart
    Last edited by Martin C; 03-01-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Without a maker mark difficult to be certain, but this style were made post ww2 by both British Sheffield makers and some German makers in Solingen primarily for the US hunting/camping market. As Smitty points out there were similar looking WW2 era US combat knives but they tended to have a wide deep fuller in the blade that this knife doesn't have.

Two different blade designs. The blade posted by Bavarian is more of a bowie style blade, with a change in the angle of the spine approx. a inch and a half from the tip. Look at the Pal Rh 70, the spine starts to drop approx. a inch and a half up from the guard, and resembles a Turkish clip point.
    What is this for a knife Pal Rh35 with its bowie style clip blade. vs.
    What is this for a knife Pal Rh70 with a Turkish style clip point.

Respectfully,

Mart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2