Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Who knows this bayonet ?

Article about: Hi, mates ! Anybody knows this particular bayonet ? Maker: ZEITLER, WIEN I do not have any clue ... Thx. in advance, R. P.S.: overall lenght: 289 mm blade lenght: 160 mm

Default Re: Who knows this bayonet ?

Very common for countries to 'make up' new bayos from existing parts to save on costs, at least as possible prototypes-our army looked at putting a new crossguard on the SLR bayo to fit on the Steyr F88 before adopting the new KFS 77 knife/bayonet.

?

It kind of looks like a cross between an Ak-47 bayonet and the Fairbairn sykes fighting knife.

Looking at my copy of 'Bayonets From Janzen's Notebook' in the Austrian section, there is a similar bayo from Zeitler Vienna described as a commercial trials bayo for the FN FAL STG 58 variant circa 1977-this lacks the cross guard with muzzle ring but does have the same blade and scabbard/frog.

Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?Who knows this bayonet ?

This, particular, bayonet is a trial bayonet, pattern "SIEH-ZEITLER"

Only a few of them were manufactured and there never was a serial-production !

BTW, I have a permission to show this, particular, images !
    I also do have some background informations regarding Austrian knife-bayonets, but, I´m not allowed to relay ! ...

source:
    unpublished draft of an article

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Looking at my copy of 'Bayonets From Janzen's Notebook' in the Austrian section, there is a similar bayo from Zeitler Vienna described as a commercial trials bayo for the FN FAL STG 58 variant circa 1977-this lacks the cross guard with muzzle ring but does have the same blade and scabbard/frog.
    I´m sure, You mean this one:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...s-knife-21007/

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    SOrry, I had the Swiss flu for a moment there, I thought it looked familiar, but couldn't think outside the canton lol. I'm at a loss though.
    There´s a "Swiss flu", You´re absolutely right !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2