Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID

Article about: Hello. I am wondering what I have here. It looks a lot like a French Chassepot bayonet, but the writing does not look french, nor is there a date. The marks above the etching are actually pa

Default WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID

Hello. I am wondering what I have here. It looks a lot like a French Chassepot bayonet, but the writing does not look french, nor is there a date. The marks above the etching are actually part of the writing. I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks,
    Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID  WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID  WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID  WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID 

Default Re: WW1 bayonet??Need help w/ ID

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Geoff

Chinese fake ?

I have seen similar for sale on eBay with the same sort of nonsense writing on the back of the blade.

The quality of the metalwork also looks a bit suspect to me.

Richie

Thanks for the help.
    G

they are making lots of fakes these days, Ive seen a few at swap meets, a guy had a fake WWII Japanese type 30 bayonet, when I picked it up I could feel the difference, it felt lighter and lower quality than a real one and also had fake aging & fake rust