Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?

Article about: Hello, I just had a brief question regarding these WW1(?) brass trench knuckle dusters. I'm thinking they might be WW1 era dusters, but I am not too sure. I haven't seen many brass trench kn

Default WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?

Hello,

I just had a brief question regarding these WW1(?) brass trench knuckle dusters. I'm thinking they might be WW1 era dusters, but I am not too sure. I haven't seen many brass trench knuckles like these. Most of the ones I've seen were made out of iron as appose to brass. Any input on them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, as always.

Jack
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?   WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?  

WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?   WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?  

WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?   WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?  

WW1 brass trench knuckle dusters?  

WWI Era but not an Issued item. Rather a private purchase item for trench war fare. They can be found in Brass, iron, Bronze and a few other alloys as well. There is no way to prove positively a military connection, of course, as anyone could buy such a thing. Most "civilian" model knuckles were less lethal in function, though-the usual muggings, bar fights, etc. When you see the spikes, they were intended to do serious damage. They are not legal in all areas to own, so I would suggest checking on local laws for possession.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Aj
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    WWI Era but not an Issued item. Rather a private purchase item for trench war fare. They can be found in Brass, iron, Bronze and a few other alloys as well. There is no way to prove positively a military connection, of course, as anyone could buy such a thing. Most "civilian" model knuckles were less lethal in function, though-the usual muggings, bar fights, etc. When you see the spikes, they were intended to do serious damage. They are not legal in all areas to own, so I would suggest checking on local laws for possession.
    Thank you very much for your input and insight! You're right, there's no real way to tie any of them to the military for sure. However, a lot if not most of the spiked ones I've seen were probably used for those nasty trench fights, I would presume. Again, thanks a lot! I appreciate it.

?

did they use knuckle dusters a lot in the trenches? i would rather have a pistol and a knife in each of my hands.

anyways, its a nice one, but it could just as easy been used by some mobster, also interesting, but a different history altogether.
    as for your local legality, its not meant to be a weapon, its a paperweight.

Some of the weapons that they used in the trenches would make your skin crawl. Absolutely murderous and bloody things, like spiked clubs,etc. I would doubt that a gangster would use such a thing. They did, naturally-and still do-use brass knucks-along with saps, black jacks, leaded night sticks, etc, but they generally wanted to put the recipient into a hospital rather than a pine box. Not so for the trenches, of course. There the rule was "put them down and out for good Quickly so they can't ever trouble you again". I was actually looking over the local Police department's exhibit here today and some of the old time unconventional weapons they had in the glass cases. Some of the things were just vicious as Hell and certainly would be illegal to use today by a policeman, but even These things were nothing as disturbing as the Trench Warfare stuff. Trench weapons were not meant to immobilize or disable the recipient-they were intended solely to Kill and kill Quickly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."