Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Imperial German trench fighting knife

Article about: Hello All, I saw this thread and just wanted to post some photos of my Imperial trench fighting knife for your review. Any comments, observations, info are welcome.

Default WW1 Imperial German trench fighting knife

Hello All,
    I saw this thread and just wanted to post some photos of my Imperial trench fighting knife for your review. Any comments, observations, info are welcome.
    WW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knife

That's very interesting. Could you give us a a close up photo of the maker's mark on the blade? The stamping of what appears to be unit and issue numbers on a trench knife is very unusual as these were usually private purchase items. Scabbard looks authentic but I wonder if the red paint is someone trying to "sex" it up.

The blade is marked ERN.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hey Guys
    Thanks for your replies and interest. Here are some additional photos of the blade and handle showing the paint as well as the scabbard end for your review. Tell me more!WW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knifeWW1 Imperial German trench fighting knife
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Imperial German trench fighting knife  

It is an original trench knife made by ERN, can't help you with the other markings.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph,
    I was just curious if anyone has seen the Rasiermesser Fabrik stampings before. Now that I have checked out the stampings on the internet, I have seen many stamped like this one. I love this knife!