Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Zulu Axe Stabbing weapon

Article about: Looks like a Zulu item, this pic of my shield and spear show the battle axe , this one is Swazi, given to me when I was about 5 yrs old by the local Chief of the area.

Default Re: Zulu Axe Stabbing weapon

I have always found these items interesting. During my period collecting Victorian African medals I had a few from the various southern african conflicts. I always wanted a few Zulu artifacts to go with the display but never found anything I was entirely confident in. You however seem to be picking up some great items.

Great items!
    Love Afrika!
    I think thise fellow dropped his axe and shield!!...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zulu Axe Stabbing weapon  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Great items!
    Love Afrika!
    Zulu Axe Stabbing weapon

The secret behind Mo Farah's strict training regime is exclusively revealed in 'The Sun' newspaper......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Great items!
    Love Afrika!
    Can't blame the guy, either. Given the aggressive nature of those animals and the annual number of Hippo-related deaths in those parts, it's a good idea to go for a new sprint record if you find one charging for you unless you're packing something with a lot more stopping power than a spear & shield. (Say, a Panzerfaust or something...)

Zulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weaponI picked up a few more items the other day. The first is another small fighting shield. This one measures 26 X 18 inches, and apart from some hair loss, is in superb condition. I have been told by my contact in SA that it is 19th century. With the shield came this 'iklwa' stabbing spear. Again, my contact in SA tells me that it is extremely rare, and it is the first example he has ever seen completely bound in brass wire. Although there is damage to it he reckons it is still quite valuable.

I think that I have probably reached the point where I dare not chance my luck sneaking any more items in to the house. My wife is beginning to notice and is starting to ask questions!
    Zulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weapon

Very nice Steve!..

That is really interesting, very cool

Has a kraal full of Zulu's rocked up in Warrington....?? Fantastic finds!

"Did I ever see a Zulu walk down Horsemarket Street? No! So what am I doing here?"

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Has a kraal full of Zulu's rocked up in Warrington....?? Fantastic finds!

"Did I ever see a Zulu walk down Horsemarket Street? No! So what am I doing here?"

The Zulus wouldn't stand a chance with all the chavs around here!

There was one other thing I forgot to put up... My latest find on ebay. This one measures 19 X 12 inches. It cost me just over £13. The seller only put it up as a native african shield, so I don't think it really got noticed. There is some hair loss to the front -although not very noticeable on the picture. The back is totally different to the small tourist shields.

If you DO happen to see any Zulu's in Warrington, don't tell them where all their shields have gone! My large 20th century one is currently on ebay. I thought it best to make a slight strategic withdrawal while I'm still in the wife's good books. I'm a bit worried at the moment, she hasn't said anything about the latest one I have hanging on the wall in the spare bedroom!
    Zulu Axe Stabbing weaponZulu Axe Stabbing weapon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast