Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

$150 reward

Article about: Very strange that this new member has posted a very vague request and has not seen fit to clarify the situation, my alarm bells have started to ring, and perhaps Admin could broach the reaso

?

Default Re: $150 reward

Very strange that this new member has posted a very vague request and has not seen fit to clarify the situation, my alarm bells have started to ring, and perhaps Admin could broach the reasons with him

21st Battalion
    ?

Default Re: $150 Reward

With all due respect to everyone who has posted a comment on this thread; there is nothing strange or fishy about it. My request is straight forward and to the point. I am offering a reward or finders fee to anyone who can provide me with the information I seek. I want to know the current whereabouts of this helmet and to have the contact information for the person currently owns it.

Ironic that I should choose to do a search on the Seaforth Highlanders today of all days and find this. Nothing to do with the helmet (although a little peculiar), but the fact that I reopened another part of my collection after years and found I have some buttons with the unit crest.

Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Martyn.

Quote by 21st Battalion View Post
    With all due respect to everyone who has posted a comment on this thread; there is nothing strange or fishy about it. My request is straight forward and to the point. I am offering a reward or finders fee to anyone who can provide me with the information I seek. I want to know the current whereabouts of this helmet and to have the contact information for the person currently owns it.
    why?? simple question........ you are asking forum members to help you locate a helmet, so with all due respect to you sir, if no reason is given you will get no help, now that is straight to the point!

Instead of telling us why he is so desperate to locate this helmet/owner he's telling us the same vague story as in the beginning of this thread.
    He hasn't introduced himself first, posting a "weird" thread, isn't giving much detailed info on why.. etc. etc..
    I'm sorry but no help from me..

cheers,

?

Quote by 21st Battalion View Post
    Nothing personal Sir. But your rather stern and tight lipped approach to acquring any information about the helmet or the current owner leaves our collecting community suspicious as to your intent.
    When an unknown individual posts a reward for an item and the location of anyone that may have it casts a broad net indeed.
    I would assume that there may be more helmets decorated in this manner. Therein lies the rub. Without specific information our collecting community would be very hesitant to provide any type of aid in the locating of the helmet. We are a group that has mutual respect and concern for our fellow collectors. I am not saying that any of our community has any information or knowledge at all of the item but theft and fraud runs rampant in the collecting world at large and no one wants to give aid to an unknown person with an unexplained intent.
    There are times when money is not the point. A collecting communities honor and integrity has more value than cash.
    Steve Ray
    Last edited by SteveR; 08-15-2010 at 05:50 PM.

?

Well said steve, as for 21st Battalion, i ask you one question, would you in all honesty do what you are asking the members on this forum to do without good reason, for all we know you may have alternative reasons in finding the person, if you need help for legitament reasons and they are considered so by this forum, then post them and let its members decide, to be as vague as you are is somewhat suspicious to say the least

No offense to 21st battalion but i think if he doesn't explain himself no one should reply to this thread because i think theres something not right going on. But from what i have read from the other replys this guy is bad news and for all we know is he might be trying to hurt OR steal from another collectors collection. Its a bold statement but we as a community should be cautious because a good act we think we may be doing could be the wrong one and i also think that no one should give out another persons personal info without there consent or if its for a ligaments cause! - nick k

?

Hi people,

I must admit, when I saw the "header" for this posting, like a few of us, I automatically thought, "ey up, some poor sods had some kit nicked and wants help in finding it", now, after reading the posting and, mainly because the original poster has, as far as I am concerned still NOT clarified the whys and wherefores of his "offer" of what has gone from a "reward" to "offering a reward or finders fee to anyone who can provide me with the information I seek. I want to know the current whereabouts of this helmet and to have the contact information for the person currently owns it". personally, I would question the motive/s behind his, or her, request, especially with it coming from a "newbie" to the forum.
    Just my "two pennorth" people.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Hmmm,bit like when a stranger asks you if you know who owns "That Car".If he doesnt tell you why the chances are its because he wants to punch him one!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1