MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1939 british helmet

Article about: I don't collect many british helmets but this is one that I really like ,I was told on waf the insignia is Cheshire regt and with Cheshire not too far from me it sounds a match, the net is a

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    [lQUOTE=sscrooge;1301333]heres another I owned div sign id - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums...
    Hello Dave, if at all possible please try reposting these photos onto this site rather than linking to the other site. Not all of the members here are also members there having viewing privileges for the photos posted on that site. Thanks in advance, Tony[/QUOTE]

I edited the images into Dave's posts Tony.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Dave, the helmet itself looks good to me, as for the netting, personally I think that's been added at a later date as that black line that is on the surface of the helmet above the insignia is seen nowhere on the net itself. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Dave, the helmet itself looks good to me, as for the netting, personally I think that's been added at a later date as that black line that is on the surface of the helmet above the insignia is seen nowhere on the net itself. Leon.
    Hi Leon , yes you are correct but as far as I know these helmets didn't leave the factory with nets added , they were added by the soldiers at any time so could and probably was added after the black mark , I had a wired m35 that had scratches and dings before wire added , rgds Dave

?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Hello Dave, if at all possible please try reposting these photos onto this site rather than linking to the other site. Not all of the members here are also members there having viewing privileges for the photos posted on that site. Thanks in advance, Tony
    I edited the images into Dave's posts Tony.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for editing for me Jerry , cheers Dave

Nice one mate, always good to see a woven net.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2