Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 Brodie Helmet - MK2

Article about: I picked up what appears to be a Mk2 Brodie Helmet off of eBay and I want to make sure everything looks relatively good in terms of originality. I am leaning to the chin strap not being orig

Default 1941 Brodie Helmet - MK2

I picked up what appears to be a Mk2 Brodie Helmet off of eBay and I want to make sure everything looks relatively good in terms of originality. I am leaning to the chin strap not being original as I thought the early MK2s had the elastic chin strap.

The shell reads 1941 and the maker is I believe Briggs Motor Bodies Ltd of Dagenham.

Any help would be very appreciative!

See Below for some high resolution pictures I took a few minutes ago.

Ignore the hue, the lighting did that.

Post war refurbished wartime mkii. the liner is the post war type and is probably dated late 40's. The mkiii chinstraps did first appear in 41 but I assume this is a post war fitted example. Hard to see the paint clearly but probably repainted.

I hope the price was not too bad.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Paid 70 USD for it. I wasn`t looking for the best example out there, just nothing with reproduction parts. I hate repros

A bit too much I think. Its not a repro, just a post war re issued example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes reissued to Canada post war DREO or DPEC no one is sure what the liner is so posed to read but it is from Canada.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Yes reissued to Canada post war DREO or DPEC no one is sure what the liner is so posed to read but it is from Canada.
    That is actually pretty neat.

?

WW2 British helmet shell, most likely stripped then repainted. British liner,one of four manufacturers post war, CCL, DPEC, FFL, REM.
    Doubt it was used by Canada, they had the US M1 post war, so would have had plenty of their own Mk2's with the VMC liners.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    WW2 British helmet shell, most likely stripped then repainted. British liner,one of four manufacturers post war, CCL, DPEC, FFL, REM.
    Doubt it was used by Canada, they had the US M1 post war, so would have had plenty of their own Mk2's with the VMC liners.
    WW2 British Helmet - Your opinion
    The poster could be wrong but just to be safe I am posting this.

?

Yeah, 5 years is a long time on a forum. It's DPEC (unknown maker) while on the old thread they had it as DREO? Which is where the confusion with Canada came from, maybe Mark will throw some light on this.
    But pretty sure it's an British liner.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Yeah, 5 years is a long time on a forum. It's DPEC (unknown maker) while on the old thread they had it as DREO? Which is where the confusion with Canada came from, maybe Mark will throw some light on this.
    But pretty sure it's an British liner.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me I still have a lot to learn about British helmets even though I know alot there is still a lot to learn for everyone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast