Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )

Article about: Another recent acquisition to my lineup of Canadian Mk II's 1941 dated Mk II as produced by General Steel Wares (G.S.W.) steel lot batch N it is sporting a 41 dated VMC liner in a size of 7

?

Default 1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )

Another recent acquisition to my lineup of Canadian Mk II's 1941 dated Mk II as produced by General Steel Wares (G.S.W.) steel lot batch N it is sporting a 41 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/4 flashed with the letter P to the front of the helmet body these particular flashed examples are quite rare and almost never appear in the market place.
    It is thought for the most part that the letter P was used to represent auxiliary members serving with Police Departments as apposed to the regulation helmets which sported the word Police stenciled to the front this of course would make for easier Identification of auxiliary members from a far.
    I have as well posted an image of one of my Canadian issued Police helmets to illustrate the difference and for comparative purposes of the flash.
    IMO this particular Mk II is an X-Wardens helmet which is apparent from the front as it would appear that there was a Capital W removed from the helmet body and then re-stenciled over.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )   1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )  

1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )   1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )  

1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )   1941 Dated G.S.W. Mk II flashed with the letter P ( Auxiliary Police )  

?

Nice to see a re-issue Canadian helmet, as I don't think you see them that often.
    But British ones are very common,there must be some literature out there somewhere which shows all the Canadian ARP/homefront markings?

Very nice Mark

?

Thanks Matt and Aaron you are correct this is 1 of 2 re-issues that I have in my collection you do not see them very often as to a comprehensive list on Canadian wartime CD helmet flashes I do remember seeing one posted on a different forum and or website somewere I will see if I can locate it tonight after work.

Regards Mark

Another good find Mark, you are doing well lately! Leon.

Another nice mk2 addition Mark,how many of these do you roughly own Bud,I have this vision of them hanging everywhere in your home,even the toilet isn't Tinpot free,seriously your constant thirst for these lids is just on a plain of its own,well done again................

?

Thanx for the reply Jake are we talking just Canadian War time dated Mk II helmets or are we talking Mk II's in general .
    I have a few new Canadian Mk II's I have not posted yet to the forum I have just not had the time for photography and or the light out doors for good pictures but I will post up a few more tonight or tomorrow in the am.

Regards Mark