Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet

Article about: Hi all. Just thought I would share this. Parents occasionally go to a very small rural sale that usually yield nothing in terms of militaria, however they found this and gave me a call, (as

Default 1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet

Hi all. Just thought I would share this. Parents occasionally go to a very small rural sale that usually yield nothing in terms of militaria, however they found this and gave me a call, (as they described it over the phone I had my doubts about it even being military in origin, they didn't mention a date). Anyway, upon having it in hand and doing a bit of research it appears to be a Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet. Clearly been messed with, missing liner and chinstrap and looks to have had the top vent replaced for some reason but it displays really well. I understand these are hard to come by? Who knows how it ended up in rural England. Any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking.

P.S. They paid........ £1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet   1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet  

1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet   1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet  

1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet   1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet  

1942 Canadian Naval Pattern Wolseley Helmet