Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...

Article about: A recent addition to my collection is this 1942 Dated G.S.W. steel lot batch prefix A P it is sporting a 1941 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/8 what caught my immediate attention and made t

?

Default 1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...

A recent addition to my collection is this 1942 Dated G.S.W. steel lot batch prefix A P it is sporting a 1941 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/8 what caught my immediate attention and made this particular Mk II a rather interesting example were the officers pips that have been hand painted on the front of the helmet body...
    This of course would denote that the wearer was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant...Only speculation of course but the seller had suggested that perhaps this particular Mk II may have been used at the Canadian Anti Gas Warfare Training Center as he had a Canadian gas cover in his collection that had provenance to a Sgt that had been stationed at the school that had stencilled rank chevrons on the front of the cover...All thoughts and opinions of course are most welcome..

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...   1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...  

1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...   1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...  

1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...   1942 dated G.S.W. flashed with officers rank pips...  

Another very nice and interesting addition Mark and thanks for posting

Mark, certainly an interesting example. Hard with this one to tell from the pics if the insignia looks to have any age to it, though I would assume you have it in hand and are happy with it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

would make a good target in the front line.

Hi Mark, certainly a different one! A good looking helmet. Leon.

?

Yes not a helmet I would want to wear in the Theater of Operations comparative to having a bulls eye paint on ones for head...And yes it is an interesting Mk II which was part of the attraction as I had not seen another like it before...
    Jerry the images do not do the helmet justice as I find white one of the hardest colours to photograph but the pips to my eyes are well aged and show a nice rich aged patina and a slight yellowing to the paint of course there is no way to prove how long the have been on this particular helmet but IMO they have been on there for a number of years hard to tell from the images but I do think there was a name and or a designation of some form removed from under the pips at one time many years ago as the tell tale signs are indeed there ..
    It did come out of the private collection of a friend and fellow collector that has had it for many years ...

Regards Mark