Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1944 dated Mk III

Article about: Hi Mark, great pick-up and in-line with the 70th anniversary too, I have yet to source a really nice condition Mk3 like this so many thanks for showing it, and for inspiring me to look a lit

Very nice Mk.III, Mark.

Thank you for showing.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

The service No. is post war, but could of been added later, or the helmet might have seen use post war too, as well as used during the war, which is not a bad thing.
    The Mk2. Mk3 & P-types had long & useful lives.

?

Thanx Aaron IMO it just adds to the history behind the helmet and goes to wards showing there long service life.
    Thanx Taka I have been wanting to add one for some time now.

Regards Mark

A good score mate, a cool addition to your collection of lids.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Jerry I must say I was rather jealous of the one you got last month it was a lovely example.

Regards Mark

Good example, nice condition (compared to my example) , maybe it has been used post war or maybe the chinstrap was swapped but why would they use the original liner to reissue it? my example may have been used post war but has a very worn 1943 dated liner.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

mark ,another real nice addition to your collection and great to hear of your growing lineage of british helmets well done sir
    Regards James

?

Thanks James perhaps tonight after work I will re photograph a couple of my turtles outside weather permitting and start a new thread dedicated to the evolution of this Iconic helmet as I can now show there full MOD history from WW II to the Falklands War.

Regards Mark

?

An khaki green Mk3 with a 43 dated liner & net has just sold for £351.00, I think D/Day might of added to the exuberance of the bidding somewhat.
    Hopefully just a one off, as this would be hitting the realms of German prices, & we don't want that.

?

I was watching that one as well Aaron the price was rather shocking to say the least but I have noticed a trend in Commonwealth helmets over the last two years and they are with out a doubt on the rise.
    I am glad for what I have in my collection now if prices keep going the way they are it will soon be a rich mans hobbie.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast