Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

Article about: I purchased these recently for my collection and would appreciate any information regarding the 2 different hessian types. the lid with the Indian artillery patch and dressing also came with

Default 2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

I purchased these recently for my collection and would appreciate any information regarding the 2 different hessian types.
    the lid with the Indian artillery patch and dressing also came with the chaps medals, all indian made with the 39/45 star engraved name to back which I believe to be period! my doubts are if the helmet has been made up to go with medals and im unsure of the hessian cover??? it also came with cover to be worn over turban inside helmet which is dated 1942.
    I can put further pictures up of the whole lot if any interest to anyone?

The other helmet/hessian ive been told is early R.A.F. type..im still unsure so any info greatly appreciated!!
    cheers hope you like em?
    2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!
    not sure how these pics will look so let me know if anybody wants to see more!

Nice Lids,both early mk2's however the rivot is unusual on the second lid,never seen that type before,can't help with the Indian connection,but like the hessian covers,thanks for sharing,hopefully more knowledgeable members will chime in shortly............

thanks Jake!

thx Jake! hope so!

The type of netting is correct for an Indian helmet, dont know if this particular example is ww2 period though as they were used by Indian and Pakistani armies post war, but it looks promising. Hessian looks old but hard to judge from the pics. Is it sewn as a real cover or just a piece of hessian that was mounted with the net?

The RAF hessian cover looks ok to me. Could you please post a photo taken from above?

PS. I like both of them

The patch is British 3rd infantry division, not Indian arty. I wonder why you would put a camo cover and net on it and a unit flash, seems to defeat the purpose of having the camo.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

about to add some more pics of these...
    that's interesting Anon many thanks.
    I purchased medals helmet etc as a lot. think he's just made the helmet up himself then..it is an early lid and the hessian has obviously been with it a while!
    I was once told 'if youre not buying youre not learning'
    thanks guys!
    will dig out medals to see what you think!

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!
    both types again, the one loose is from 'Indian' group....

Can you show the helmets without the covers?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

just a piece mounted with the net Shadwell.

- - ------- - -

will do!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast