Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

2 x HSAT

Article about: Hi guys, I dont know much about Hsat's, so would need some help with these ones as its the first time I see some that I can actually afford. Are these examples good or messed with? Any other

Default 2 x HSAT

Hi guys,

I dont know much about Hsat's, so would need some help with these ones as its the first time I see some that I can actually afford. Are these examples good or messed with? Any other red flags?

I know more photos would have been useful but this is all I have for now.

The liner in the first one is marked BMB 1941 size 7 1/4, werent hsat's not first introduced in 1942? or did I miss something?

2 x HSAT

2 x HSAT

2 x HSAT

Second one has liner markings: BMB 1942 size 7 1/8

2 x HSAT

2 x HSAT

Thanks in advance.

SMP
    ?

Avoid them. Both have been messed with. The 2nd one looks like a post-war Danish re-issue ( note the top pad and leather on the chin cup). I suspect the 1st helmet also has Danish connections.

?

Hi Mads Steve is spot on avoid both of these examples IMO neither are original HSAT's and are as stated doctored up to look the part .
    If you are looking to find a cheaper HSAT for the purpose of display you may want to consider a post war example such as this 53 dated BMB I just acquired recently with Canadian providence.
    1953 Dated BMB HSAT
    Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x HSAT  

Thanks for advice. Btw. Seller is located in Denmark and asking price is only £60.

?

Well if you are after post war refitted HSAT, HSRAC for the Danes, then why not.

Wow - I would be very interested in the Danish refit with the crown pad - more so than if it were a regular Para helmet - but that x-pad just looks far too new. A refubishment of a refit???? Is this a private sale or something on the web?

Greg, its listed in a buy/sell section of a Danish newspaper, private sale.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Thanks for advice. Btw. Seller is located in Denmark and asking price is only £60.
    Thought as much. Both typical Danish refits. Mix of original and replaced parts. Lots of Danish shells are drilled and fitted with top pads. Lots of liners use surplus Zuckerman 1941 leather bands.

The leather chinstrap is worth buying for £60 !

I think both are worth buying for those prices ,still interesting helmets even if refits

Indeed a good price these days for post war Danish refits. this one just sold on another forum for £200.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x HSAT   2 x HSAT  

2 x HSAT   2 x HSAT  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.