Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.

Article about: Hi guy's, Doug has started a thread along these lines in the German helmet section, so with my new found love for MKII's I thought it would be good for us to have one. It's a "show us y

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Well remembered, that was a friend of mines Mk1* malta camo.
    That one is still "Helmet of the decade" ! I am glad Tony got it when he did

well im really impressed so far Jerry and Jake your home guard helmets are just superb also a thanks to mads for showing your nice example too for me my best mk11 for 2014 undoubtedly has to be this canadian motor lamp company mk11 ,absolutely mint condition and my mintiest ww2 period helmet in my collection ,this came into my collection as a gift from mark K included is all that you see ,a period pair of canadian gaitors and antigas goggles 2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.

Quote by James C View Post
    well im really impressed so far Jerry and Jake your home guard helmets are just superb also a thanks to mads for showing your nice example too for me my best mk11 for 2014 undoubtedly has to be this canadian motor lamp company mk11 ,absolutely mint condition and my mintiest ww2 period helmet in my collection ,this came into my collection as a gift from mark K included is all that you see ,a period pair of canadian gaitors and antigas goggles
    Stunning example James and those Canadian two tones camo nets are so cool. Hats off to Mark for his generosity of which I have also been on the end of, a top bloke.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I can't agree more Jerry ,Mark has done me proud with this commonwealth mk11, the two tone net is the most striking feature and I'm so pleased to have an example in my collection
    Last edited by James C; 04-24-2022 at 05:45 PM.

Yes have to say James thats one minty top looking Mk2,and those 2 tone nets are awesome,glad you have it in your collection through reliable sources,thanks for sharing and happy hunting 2015...............

cheers jake and same to you matey

?

Well gents all I can say is I had a stellar year in 2014 for collecting helmets and was able to add some rare pieces to my collection so it is very hard to decide which helmet to post up so I have chose three that stand out above the rest if any one objects please let me know and I will edit my post .
    ( 1 ) this first particular Mk II must stand above the rest it is a 1941 dated C.L./C. flashed to the Winnipeg Grenadiers with an awesome textured finish and has that been there done that look I like so much in my helmets .
    The helmet has been ID and is signed to the original vet it was issued to and I have been lucky enough to research a good part of his WW II military history he served overseas and fought in the Battle of Hong Kong ( December 8-25 1941 ) and was later made a guest of the Empire of Japan and served out the rest of the war as a POW until his repatriation at wars end I will share the rest of my research in the original thread upon completion.

( 2 ) The next Mk II is flashed to the Polish Army in Exile the helmet body was produced by EC&CO is dated 1940 and has a nice textured finish showing definite wear and a nice used patina,The liner was produced by JCS&W Ltd and is 1941 dated. I am confident that the eagle was WW II period applied but is not an obvious and or widely recognized pattern and feel it stands a very good chance of being an early variation that was not widely adopted and was possibly applied for a very short period of time while the Polish Army in was being reconstituted in Scotland in early 1940.

( 3 )I came upon a little grouping some time ago the BD and helmet were acquired from the family of the vet and the BD is attributed to the Royal Canadian Artillery 5th Light Anti Aircraft and is dated to 1943 it is sporting cloth divy's for Italy and canvas unit and Canada flashes .
    The camo painted Mk II is rather an interesting helmet there is a lot going on with it the shell is British manufactured but would appear to have a smooth finish so IMO not a standard army issued Mk II .
    This Mk II was produced by (EC&CO Ltd) E Carmeliant & Co Ltd Birmingham and is 1940 dated now here is were things get rather interesting it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner and a Canadian war time period chinstrap there is period evidence in the form of images to support this type of camo pattern was worn in the theater of operations in Sicily,Italy and or South western Europe.
    The liner and chinstrap look to have been in this helmet for many years and IMO the camo looks good and shows some nice aging and patina.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.   2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.   2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

very nice trio indeed mark well done mate and happy hunting for 2015

?

My many thanks James you have managed to source some nice lids yourself this year in the realm of composites and steel helms from around the world.

Regards Mark

Those are all beautiful helmets Mark, my favourite is the Polish MKII!! Leon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast