Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.

Article about: Hi guy's, Doug has started a thread along these lines in the German helmet section, so with my new found love for MKII's I thought it would be good for us to have one. It's a "show us y

Hi Mick, I cannot say that I have seen any Aussie Home Front lids before so this one is a first for me! I guess these are quite scarce, thanks for showing it. Leon.

?

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Well its been a very lean year for helmet purchases in 2014.
    But heres one i got early in 2014,
    Its an 1941 Australian Home Front designated to "Repair Party/Gas".Id seen a few British examples on here but id never seen an Aussie version and still hav'nt,so of course i had to grab it
    It has the CS stamp so i know its one of ours

Cheers Mick
    A nice lid to be shur Mick I have quite a few home front lids in my collection and admittedly not something I actively seek out but would love to have this one on my shelf as I think it a rather interesting Mk II.

Regards Mark

Hi all, again another thread of stunning 2014 helmets, after seeing the many desirable MKII's, i feel obliged to show mine. Here is my most recent MkII purchase, a National Fire Service helmet for district 11 which is Southend on Sea, with an early WW2 Mk1 1939 BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies) Liner.

Cheers
    Harry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.   2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.   2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

?

That's a great condition NFS

Top looking NFS Helmet Harry,don't come any better than your purchase,well done Bud.............

A beautiful NFS helmet Harry, a great buy. Leon.

?

Quote by Harry Davey View Post
    Hi all, again another thread of stunning 2014 helmets, after seeing the many desirable MKII's, i feel obliged to show mine. Here is my most recent MkII purchase, a National Fire Service helmet for district 11 which is Southend on Sea, with an early WW2 Mk1 1939 BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies) Liner.

Cheers
    Harry
    That is really good and has made me decide to get a NFS helmet too but I'll be looking for one with the number 38 on it as I believe that's Bermondsey.

Tony

?

The only MKII pick up for me was one I bought to have a go at restoration. It was described as a theatre prop and had a piece of car seat belt for a chinstrap, there were several layers of paint on it including lime green under the black top coat. Below are before and after photos.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.   2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

2014's BEST MKII HELMET purchases.  

Quote by ynot View Post
    That is really good and has made me decide to get a NFS helmet too but I'll be looking for one with the number 38 on it as I believe that's Bermondsey.

Tony
    Thanks for the comments, i am temped to get a NFS uniform and equipment to complete a display. Here is a website to help you out with the Fire Force codes, it also has other information of the NFS & AFS during the second world war.

Home

Cheers
    Harry

Quote by ynot View Post
    The only MKII pick up for me was one I bought to have a go at restoration. It was described as a theatre prop and had a piece of car seat belt for a chinstrap, there were several layers of paint on it including lime green under the black top coat. Below are before and after photos.

Tony

Wow what an improvement Tony, that looks so much better.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast