Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 British Helmets

Article about: Hello all, It has been a while since I have posted as I’ve been tangled up in school and studying for the ASVAB which I took today. But once again I’m here for some help, I have been saving

Default 3 British Helmets

Hello all, It has been a while since I have posted as I’ve been tangled up in school and studying for the ASVAB which I took today. But once again I’m here for some help, I have been saving for a german helmet but these just came up and I can’t help but follow my roots. They are all around $200 a piece and although all of my savings will be gone I think I can live with it.

They all look good to me but I am far from an expert of British helmets especially camouflaged helmets. I thinks they will make a good addition but would like some opinions before blowing my savings. I apologize for the pictures of the linear if you need close ups of any marking I’ll see what I can do.

Helmet 1, Paint is good but there is some hefty dents.
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets

Helmet 2, Overall condition is great nothing really wrong as far as I can tell.
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets

Helmet 3, Paint is a little rough and some minor rusting but not too bad overall.
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets
    3 British Helmets

SMP
    ?

The top one ( camouflaged) is a very early MKI* and as such is rare and highly collectable

Thank for the information, I do think to two camouflaged helmets are the ones I will prioritize and you have made my decision easier.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

All three look like great helmets,

Hello, after some looking I think all of these helmets are dated 1938 or 1939, pre dating the Dunkirk evacuations. I have been told that British helmets and other equipment pre dating the Dunkirk evacuations are substantially harder to find as a large amount of equipment was lost. Am I correct in thinking this or is it one of the many things said just to raise prices?

Thank you for all the replies,
    Bodhi

MAP
    ?

Can't help with the helmets but hope you do well on the ASVAB test. Any branch or specialty you are interested in?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

No problem with the helmets, I am looking at going into the Maine Corps, specifically the MOS's 0351 or 0331.

Thanks for all the replies but they have sold without me knowing and despite me saying I would buy them. It’s unfortunate and is not the first time with these sellers, but I guess I’ll stay focused on that German helmet!

SMP
    ?

I am very sorry , but highlighting them so openly on different forums has probably backfired. For your information , the MK1* with black/green camouflage is very likely a BEF helmet worth 4 times the price they were asking. Note the MK1 chinstrap lugs and MK1 strap. Someone has bought a very rare helmet at a bargain price

I will bare it in mind not to highlight them so openly next time, could you tell me what was too revealing about to post to help me out? Although a good point I don’t think it was that I highlighted them too openly, they where for sale on Germanmilitaria.com and although sold that still haven’t been marked as sold. This has happened one too many times now and It’s a shame because they have some great items come up, but it’s hard to get ahold of any.

Anyway, It’s probably for the best as I am trying to focus on my main collection and not get distracted by other items (although it’s quite hard).

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast