Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

83 Dated PASGT

Article about: by Snake Master Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet? Thanks, Michael michael nick is spot on locating the date stamp for you ,but please bear in mind this is only the contract issue

?

Cool 83 Dated PASGT

haven't been doing much in the way of collecting lately but i have been on the look out for another PASGT with woodland cover & this one came up last week for £45 so i snapped it up

its a a size medium 83 dated GENTEX i think this is the earliest dated PASGT i have so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 83 Dated PASGT   83 Dated PASGT  

83 Dated PASGT   83 Dated PASGT  

83 Dated PASGT   83 Dated PASGT  

Default Re: 83 Dated PASGT

Wonderful pick! Theres something in the helmet shape that sticks out, at least for me. It looks like it has a much higher profile than other PASGT helmets I have seen, or then Im just seeing things

?

cheers mate

im with you on the look of these helmets there is just something about them, i don't think theres any difference in shape from other PASGT maybe its the lighting ?

?

Nice lid Nick. Nice price too! Where do you find these?
    I'm in the market for one, and I'm looking for a nice early one (I don't have a clue about these!)
    Now I know what to look for.
    Thanks mate!

Andy

very nice pasgt nick one of my favorites of the modern us composites ,i too agree with poromies the front dome shape looks different ,maybe a helmet band will define the shape a bit more ,would you mind if i added my example just to compare profiles and covers ive never posted mine on this forum before apart from my cookie dough version regards james83 Dated PASGT83 Dated PASGT
    Regards James

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Nice lid Nick. Nice price too! Where do you find these?
    I'm in the market for one, and I'm looking for a nice early one (I don't have a clue about these!)
    Now I know what to look for.
    Thanks mate!

Andy
    cheers mate

i was bidding on another one that was going for £60 but i was out bid on that one & then this one came up at a buy it now price so i took it there is another one im watching at the mo not sure on the date though American US Army PASGT Kevlar Helmet | eBay

Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet?

Thanks,
    Michael

?

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice pasgt nick one of my favorites of the modern us composites ,i too agree with poromies the front dome shape looks different ,maybe a helmet band will define the shape a bit more ,would you mind if i added my example just to compare profiles and covers ive never posted mine on this forum before apart from my cookie dough version regards james83 Dated PASGT83 Dated PASGT
    cheers mate

its probably because of the way the cover stretches over the front i don't think its had a helmet band on it ?

?

Quote by Snake Master View Post
    Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet?

Thanks,
    Michael
    this one in particular its the 83 in the DLA number
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 83 Dated PASGT  

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Wonderful pick! Theres something in the helmet shape that sticks out, at least for me. It looks like it has a much higher profile than other PASGT helmets I have seen, or then Im just seeing things

I think it may be the vertical lighter splash on the cover doing this in the profile shot. It makes it look a little taller.

Andy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast