Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

83 Dated PASGT

Article about: by Snake Master Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet? Thanks, Michael michael nick is spot on locating the date stamp for you ,but please bear in mind this is only the contract issue

Default Re: 83 Dated PASGT

Quote by Snake Master View Post
    Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet?

Thanks,
    Michael
    michael nick is spot on locating the date stamp for you ,but please bear in mind this is only the contract issue date , the helmet could have been manufactured anything up to ten years after this date , nick i think your right the cover looks quite tight over the front rim giving a false outline regards james
    Last edited by James C; 01-27-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Regards James

Thanks I will check mine!

Michael

nick can i ask how many of these pasgt's/mich's do you have now in your superb collection ,and when life permits could you show a group photograph i would really like to see them all
    Regards James

?

Ive got 7 Kevlar lids at the mo i will be doing a bit of a sort out at some point when im done I'll get a pic

ill look forward to that nick ,ive just been photographing my whole lid collection and ive grouped all my composites into one display im going to post it all on the collection display section today
    Regards James

Nick is there a paratrooper pasgt version?is so how do they compare in fixings?cheers Jake.....

jake the paratrooper version is basically the same chinstrap configuration but with a simple alteration which includes a high density foam neck protector pad and chin strap side sections these can be added to any ground troop pasgt ,hope this helps james
    Regards James

?

Testing of the PASGT was done in 1980 and 1981, then the first small contract were let in 1980, 1981, and 1983. In 1983 full production went into effect and millions were produced. 1983 is not an especially hard year to find, but I have searched high and low for one earlier than that and haven't found one. The rare one in 1983 is made by Gibralter.

The really, really rare versions are dated 1980 or 1981: Geonautics, PACA, and Brunswick Inc - none of which returned for the full contracts later. Also Aqua-Aire.

I've (hopefully) attached a sheet talking about PASGT contracts which is based on the information in Reynosa's PASGT book. I find it useful when looking for dates.

By the way, dates can also be found molded into the crown of the helmet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

One of mine has the date in the crown
    And Jeeze these are heavy!!!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-30-2013 at 05:22 AM. Reason: added text

?

I've still got my 1998 Aussie Army issue one at home somewhere....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast